Now in full color, the second edition of Clinical Parasitology provides you with all of the information needed to perform, read, and interpret parasitology tests in a clear and understandable way. The user-friendly design, extensive illustrations, pedagogical features and clear descriptions of look-a-like parasites will help you better hone your skills and confidently perform clinical procedures.
- Thorough descriptions of the different forms of parasites within that organism type aid in classification.
- Characteristics at a Glance tables cover the most medically important parasite forms and include comparison drawings of look alike parasites.
- Test Your Knowledge! review questions enhance review and retention of chapter content.
- Numerous detailed drawings, with structures labeled illustrate the information in an easy-to-understand format.
- Individual parasite descriptions include concise information on life cycles, epidemiology, clinical symptomatology, laboratory diagnosis, treatment, prevention and control, notes of interest, and new trends.
- Increased number of case studies offers more opportunities for application of chapter content to real-life scenarios.
- Identification worksheets let you make your own drawings of parasites.
Chapter 1 Introduction
Chapter 2 Specimen Collection and Processing
Chapter 3 The Amebas
Chapter 4 The Flagellates
Chapter 5 The Hemoflagellates
Chapter 6 Select Sporozoa: Plasmodium and Babesia
Chapter 7 Miscellaneous Protozoa
Chapter 8 The Nematodes
Chapter 9 The Filiariae
Chapter 10 The Cestodes
Chapter 11 The Trematodes
Chapter 12 Artifacts and Confusers
Chapter 13 The Arthropods
Appendix A Glossary
Appendix B Answers to Under the Microscope Case Studies
Appendix C Answers to Quick Quiz Questions
Appendix D Answers to Test Your Knowledge Questions
Appendix E Bibliography
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
Education Coordinator/Instructor, Department of Clinical Laboratory Science, Saint Louis University, St. Louis, MO