- Includes a DVD with:
- Two hours of video showing specific applications, featuring author Sandy Fritz.
- A complete general protocol for massage.
- State-of-the-art animations depicting biologic functions and medical procedures.
- 700 full-color illustrations accompany procedures, concepts, and techniques.
- An integrated healthcare approach covers the healthcare environment and the skills necessary to be a contributing member of an integrated healthcare team.
- A research-based focus emphasizes research, clinical reasoning, and outcome-based massage application — for effective massage application in conjunction with healthcare intervention.
- A complete general protocol provides a guide to treating disorders and maintaining wellness, with recommendations for positioning and interventions, using a step-by-step sequence that can easily be modified to meet a patient's specific needs.
- A palliative protocol helps you temporarily relieve a patient's symptoms of disorders or diseases.
- Case studies focus on outcome-based massage for individuals with multiple health issues, detailing assessment, medical intervention, justification for massage, and session documentation.
- Coverage of advanced massage therapy skills and decision-making skills includes specific themes for effective massage application, allowing you to consolidate massage treatment based on the main outcomes — useful when working with individuals with multiple pathologies or treatment needs.
- A discussion of aromatherapy provides safe recommendations for the use of essential oils in conjunction with massage, to promote healing of the body and mind.
- Descriptions of illness and injury include relevant anatomy/physiology/pathophysiology, as well as strategies and massage applications to use for pain management, immune support, stress management, chronic illness, and post-surgical needs.
- Coverage of insurance an
1. Massage and Healthcare: A Professional Perspective
2. Research Essentials for Massage in the Health Care Setting
3. The World of Healthcare
4. Preventive Medicine, Wellness, and Lifestyle
Unit 2: Therapeutic Massage Essentials
5. Indications and Contraindications
6. Pertinent Anatomy and Physiology Review
8. Review and Application of Massage
9. Assessment for Massage and Physical Healing and Rehabilitation Application
10. Focused Massage Application
11. General and Palliative Protocols
12. Unique Circumstances and Adjunct Therapies
Unit 3: Clinical Applications of Massage
13. Illness and Injury in General
14. General Massage Treatment for Predisposing and Perpetuating Factors and Symptom Management
15. Medical Treatment for Illness and Injury
16. Population Similarities in Healthcare
17. Common Categories of Illness, Injury, and Clinical Reasoning
Unit 4: Integration
18. Case Studies
Appendix: Protocols for Massage Therapy