Get a deeper understanding of respiratory disease with Clinical Manifestations and Assessment of Respiratory Disease, 7th Edition. This popular, full-color text provides all the necessary tools you need to learn how to gather clinical data, formulate assessments, make objective evaluations, identify desired outcomes, design a safe and effective treatment plan, and document all the steps involved. Using easy-to-follow language and relevant clinical scenarios, this text gives readers a firm understanding of why certain treatment modalities are applied. And with a new chapter on respiratory failure and mechanical ventilation protocol, new information on electronic charting, and numerous updates in treatment and assessment added to nearly all the chapters, this new edition ensures you will be well-versed in all of the new issues affecting respiratory therapy.
- UNIQUE! Emphasis on clinical scenarios and critical thinking skills illustrates the causes of the clinical manifestations activated by specific respiratory disorders.
- UNIQUE! Focus on assessment and Therapist-Driven Protocols (TDPs) emphasizes industry-approved standards of care, providing readers with the knowledge and skills to implement these protocols into patient care.
- Case studies provide realistic examples of the respiratory therapist’s role in successful patient care and readers apply text information to clinical assessment and treatment.
- Self-assessment questions at the end of the text help readers personally assess their understanding of chapter material.
- Overview boxes summarize the clinical manifestations caused by the pathophysiologic mechanisms of each disorder.
- Student-friendly features reinforce learning with chapter outlines, objectives, key terms, and easy-to-follow language.
PART I: ASSESSMENT OF RESPIRATORY DISEASE
Section I: Clinical Data Obtained at the Patient’s Bedside
1. The Patient Interview
2. The Physical Examination and Its Basis in Physiology
Section II: Clinical Data Obtained from Laboratory Tests and Special Procedures
3. Pulmonary Function Study Assessments
4. Arterial Blood Gas Assessments
5. Oxygenation Assessments
6. Cardiovascular System Assessments
7. Radiologic Examination of the Chest
8. Other Important Tests and Procedures
Section III: The Therapist-Driven Protocol Program – The Essentials
9. The Therapist-Driven Protocol Program and the Role of the Respiratory Care Practitioner
10. Respiratory Failure and the Mechanical Ventilation Protocol NEW!
11. Recording Skills: The Basis for Data Collection, Organization, Assessment
PART II: OBSTRUCTIVE AIRWAY DISEASES
12. Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD): Chronic Bronchitis and Emphysema
15. Cystic Fibrosis
PART III: INFECTIOUS PULMONARY DISEASES
17. Lung Abscess
19. Fungal Diseases of the Lung
PART IV: PULMONARY VASCULAR DISEASES
20. Pulmonary Edema
21. Pulmonary Embolism and Infarction
PART V: CHEST AND PLEURAL TRAUMA
22. Flail Chest
PART VI: DISORDERS OF THE PLEURA AND OF THE CHEST WALL
24. Pleural Effusion and Empyema
PART VII: ENVIRONMENTAL LUNG DISEASES
26. Interstitial Lung Diseases (ILD)
PART VIII: NEOPLASTIC DISEASE
27. Cancer of the Lung
PART IX: DIFFUSE ALVEOLAR DISEASE
28. Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome
PART X: NEURO
- No. of pages:
- © Mosby 2016
- 10th March 2015
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Professor Emeritus, Department of Respiratory Care, Parkland College, Champaign, IL
Medical Direcor, Respiratory Services, Kettering Medical Center, Kettering, OH; Clinical Professor of Medicine and Anesthesiology, Wright State University School of Medicine, Dayton, OH