Thanks to improved detection technologies, early diagnosis and treatment, and innovative research, the outlook for gynecologic oncology patients is steadily improving every day. Offer your patients the best in diagnosis and management with the help of this leading reference on gynecologic malignancies. In addition to cancers of the female reproductive tract, the 7th Edition of this essential resource also discusses breast and colorectal disease, equipping you with the skills you need to provide effective and compassionate care for every patient.
- Recognize the clinical presentation of gynecologic malignancies with the aid of detailed chapters organized by cancer type and size.
- Apply authoritative guidance on all aspects of gynecologic oncology with appendices covering staging, screening, nutritional therapy, toxicity criteria, blood component therapy, radiological therapy, and commonly used statistical terms.
- Easily identify and absorb key information with the aid of outlines at the beginning of each chapter.
- Choose the best management plan for each patient using algorithms within each chapter.
1. Preinvasive Disease of the Cervix, William T. Creasman
2. Preinvasive Disease of the Vagina and Vulva and Related Disorders, William T. Creasman
3. Invasive Cervical Cancer, Bradley J. Monk and Krishnansu S. Tewaria
4. Endometrial Hyperplasia, Estrogen Therapy, and the Prevention of Endometrial Cancer, Joan L. Walker and Rosemary E. Zuna
5. Adenocarcinoma of the Uterus, William T. Creasman
6. Sarcoma of the Uterus, D. Scott McMeekin
7. Gestational Trophoblastic Disease, John Soper and William T. Creasman
8. Invasive Cancer of the Vulva, Frederick B. Stehman
9. Invasive Cancer of the Vagina and Urethra, Brian M. Slomovitz and Robert L. Coleman
10. The Adnexal Mass and Early Ovarian Cancer, Philip J. DiSaia
11. Epithelial Ovarian Cancer, Larry J. Copeland
12. Germ Cell, Stromal, and Other Ovarian Tumors, Michael A. Bidus, Christopher M. Zahn and
G. Scott Rose
13. Fallopian Tube Cancer, Jan S. Sunde, Keith J. Kaplan and G. Scott Rose
14. Breast Diseases, James V. Fiorica
15. Colorectal and Bladder Cancer, Philip J. DiSaia
16. Cancer in Pregnancy, Krishnansu S. Tewari
17. Complications of Disease and Therapy, Daniel L. Clarke-Pearson
18. Basic Principles of Chemotherapy, Christina S. Chu and Stephen C. Rubin
19. Tumor Immunology, Host Defense Mechanisms, and Biologic Therapy, Philip J. DiSaia
20. Genes and Cancer, David G. Mutch and Philip J. DiSaia
21. Palliative Care and Quality of Life, Bradley J. Monk and Lari Wenzel
22. Role of Laparoscopic Surgery in Gynecologic Malignancies, Robert S.Mannel
23. Epidemiology of Commonly Used Statistical Terms, and Analysis of Clinical Studies, Wendy R. Brewster
A. Staging, William T. Creasman
B. Modified from Common Terminology Criteria for Adverse Events (CTCAE), P
- No. of pages:
- © Mosby 2007
- 9th May 2007
- Hardcover ISBN:
The Dorothy Marsh Chair in Reproductive Biology, Professor, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of California, Irvine College of Medicine, Irvine, California, UCI Medical Center, Orange, California
Sims-Hester Professor and Chairman, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC