A new edition of this respected Australian gastroenterology textbook
Completely updated, this comprehensive medical resource offers a practical, problem-based approach to the subject of clinical gastroenterology.
Containing specialist content from Australian and international contributors, Clinical Gastroenterology, 3rd Edition focuses on both common and uncommon gastroenterological problems as they present in clinical practice.
Building on the previous two editions, Clinical Gastroenterology features decision trees to assist clinicians in assessing patients and the treating digestive disorders.
This latest edition also includes clear medical illustrations suitable for patient education, along with summary tables highlighting key points to guide General Practitioners, gastroenterology specialist trainees and medical students
1. Heartburn, regurgitation and non-cardiac chest pain
2. Difficulty swallowing and pain on swallowing
3. Hiccups, sore mouth and bad breath
4. Acute abdominal pain
5. When to test for Helicobacter pylori and what to do with a positive test
6. Indigestion (chronic epigastric pain or meal-related discomfort)
7. Chronic lower abdominal pain or discomfort
8. Wind and gas
9. Nausea and vomiting
10. Vomiting blood, black stools, blood per rectum, occult bleeding
12. Perianal pain
13. Acute diarrhoea
14. Chronic diarrhoea and fatty stools
15. Inflammatory bowel disease
16. Faecal incontinence (leakage of stool)
17. Loss of appetite and loss of weight
18. Food allergies and intolerance
19. Palpable asymptomatic abdominal masses
20. Abdominal distension
21. Lumps in the groin and hernia
22. Rectal/perianal mass and colorectal cancer
23. Jaundice and pruritus
24. Abnormal liver function test results
25. Management of end-stage liver disease and liver transplantation
26. Abdominal incidentalomas
27. Obesity and anti-obesity medical and surgical management
28. Patient preparation and principles of sedation in gastrointestinal endoscopy
For more details, please download a copy of the sample chapter.
- No. of pages:
- © Churchill Livingstone Australia 2010
- 15th December 2010
- Churchill Livingstone Australia
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Nicholas J Talley, MD (NSW), PhD (Syd), MMedSci (Clin Epi)(Newc.), FAHMS, FRACP, FAFPHM, FRCP (Lond. & Edin.), FACP , Pro Vice-Chancellor, Global Research, University of Newcastle, Australia Professor of Medicine, Faculty of Health and Medicine, University of Newcastle, Australia President, Royal Australasian College of Physicians Chair-Elect, Committee of Presidents of Medical Colleges (CPMC) Hon. Treasurer, Australian Academy of Health and Medical Sciences Senior Staff Specialist, John Hunter Hospital, Newcastle, Australia Adjunct Professor and Consultant, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA Adjunct Professor, University of North Carolina, NC, USA Foreign Guest Professor, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
AC, MD, PhD, FRACP, FAFPHM, FRCP (Lond.), FRCP (Edin.), FACP, FAHMS Laureate Professor, University of Newcastle and Senior Staff Specialist, John Hunter Hospital, NSW, Australia
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.