Unit I. Foundations for Medical-Surgical Nursing
1. Introduction to Medical-Surgical Nursing
2. Introduction to Complementary and Alternative Therapies
3. Common Health Problems of Older Adults
4. Cultural Aspects of Health and Illness
5. Pain: The Fifth Vital Sign
6. Genetic Concepts for Medical-Surgical Nursing
7. Evidence-Based Practice in Medical-Surgical Nursing NEW!
8. Rehabilitation Concepts for Chronic and Disabling Health Problems
9. End-of-Life Care
Unit II. Concepts of Emergency Care and Disaster Preparedness
10. Concepts of Emergency and Trauma Nursing
11. Care of Patients with Common Environmental Emergencies
12. Concepts of Emergency and Disaster Preparedness
Unit III. Management of Patients with Fluid, Electrolyte, and Acid-Base Imbalances
13. Assessment and Care of Patients with Fluid and Electrolyte Imbalances
14. Assessment and Care of Patients with Acid-Base Imbalances
15. Infusion Therapy
Unit IV. Management of Perioperative Patients
16. Care of Preoperative Patients
17. Care of Intraoperative Patients
18. Care of Postoperative Patients
UNIT V. PROBLEMS OF PROTECTION: MANAGEMENT OF PATIENTS WITH PROBLEMS OF THE IMMUNE SYSTEM
19. Inflammation and the Immune Response
20. Care of Patients with Arthritis and Other Connective Tissue Diseases
21. Care of Patients with HIV Disease and Other Immune Deficiencies
22. Care of Patients with Immune Function Excess: Hypersensitivity (Allergy) and Autoimmunity
23. Cancer Development
24. Care of Patients with Cancer
25. Care of Patients with Infection EXPANDED!
UNIT VI. PROBLEMS OF PROTECTION: MANAGEMENT OF PATIENTS WITH PROBLEMS OF THE SKIN, HAIR, AND NAILS
Designed to accompany Ignatavicius and Workman's Medical-Surgical Nursing: Patient-Centered Collaborative Care, 7th Edition, this study guide helps you understand and apply material from each chapter in the text, and gives you added support as you learn to make safe and effective clinical decisions.
- Study/review questions provide a review of key content using a variety of question formats, including a high percentage of questions in traditional and alternate NCLEX® Examination formats. Answers are provided in the back of the book.
- Case studies in most chapters give you the opportunity to apply higher-level thinking skills to true-to-life clinical scenarios.
- eBook ISBN:
Speaker and Curriculum Consultant for Academic Nursing Programs; Founder, Boot Camp for Nurse Educators; President, DI Associates, Inc. Placitas, New Mexico
Formerly, Gertrude Perkins Oliva Professor of Oncology, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio
Senior Lecturer, School of Nursing, Old Dominion University, Norfolk, Virginia