An exceptional health resource addressing professional practice issues in complementary and alternative medicine
Clinical Decision Making in Complementary & Alternative Medicine differs from other medical texts by introducing a systematic clinical framework for the practice of complementary and alternative medicine.
While comparable titles may explore the use or efficacy of specific complementary and alternative medicine interventions, this indispensable textbook highlights evidence-based interventions, while helping practitioners apply them within a clinical decision making framework.
Clinical Decision Making in Complementary & Alternative Medicine is a one-of-a-kind health reference for clinicians, students and educators alike.
Divided into two parts – theoretical foundation and practical application – the book includes case studies on health conditions such as acne, irritable bowel syndrome and migraine.
Clinical Decision Making in Complementary & Alternative Medicine is also unique in that it:
• focuses on evidence-based practice while also paying attention to the underlying philosophy of complementary and alternative medicine
• includes learning objectives and activities to consolidate reader knowledge and help lecturers teaching complementary and alternative medicine students
• enables complementary and alternative medicine practitioners to systematically assess, diagnose, treat and evaluate client-centred health problems in accordance with the established art, science and philosophy of complementary and alternative medicine
• guides practitioner thinking, assessment and care – all of which may help increase professional autonomy and accountability, improve client outcomes and quality of care, and reduce errors in decision making
PART A: Theoretical Foundation
6. Application – Evidence Based Practice
7. Application – Integrative Health Care
PART B: Practical Application
9. Application of decision–making framework for complementary and alternative medicine
- Case 1 Acne vulgaris/rosacea
- Case 2 Anxiety
- Case 3 Asthma
- Case 4 Chronic venous insufficiency
- Case 5 Dysmenorrhoea
- Case 6 Eczema/dermatitis
- Case 7 Irritable bowel syndrome
- Case 8 Migraine
- Case 9 Osteoarthritis
- Case 10 Psoriasis
Appendix: Decision-making Framework for Complementary and Alternative Medicine Template
- No. of pages:
- © Churchill Livingstone Australia 2010
- 16th July 2010
- Churchill Livingstone Australia
- eBook ISBN: