Designed for portability, this clinical companion provides at-a-glance access to the information you need for more than 200 medical-surgical conditions and procedures. Completely updated content mirrors the revisions in the new 11th edition of Lewis’s main text: Medical-Surgical Nursing: Assessment and Management of Clinical Problems. This clinical companion is organized alphabetically for quick reference and includes a variety of full-color illustrations, summary tables, and a handy reference appendix full of laboratory values, Spanish translations of key phrases, and other information commonly used in nursing practice.
- Consistent and practical information covers definitions and descriptions, pathophysiology, clinical manifestations, complications, diagnostic studies, interprofessional care and drug therapy, and nursing management.
- Treatments and Procedures section summarizes the need-to-know content about common medical-surgical treatments and procedures such as basic life support, enteral nutrition, and artificial airway management.
- Handy reference appendix contains information commonly used in nursing practice, including laboratory values, commonly used formulas, Spanish translations of key phrases, and much more.
- Patient and caregiver teaching content is highlighted with a special icon to identify appropriate information to share with patients and caregivers about the care of various conditions.
- Cross-references to the Lewis main text identify how to access more in-depth information.
- Attractive four-color design makes it easy to locate specific information within the clinical companion.
Part One: Disorders
Acute Coronary Syndrome
Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome
Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
Anemia, Cobalamin Deficiency
Anemia, Folic Acid Deficiency
Angine, Chronic Stable
Benign Paroxysmal Positiional Vertigo
Benighn Prostatic Hyperplasia
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
hronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
Coronary Artery Disease
Disseminated Intravascular Coagulation
Fibrocystic Breast Changes
Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease
Gastrointestinal Bleeding, Upper
Head and Neck Cancer
Hemophilia and Von Willebrand Disease
Human Immunodeficiency Virus Infection
Increased Intracranial Pressure
Inflammatory Bowel Disease
Instersititial Cystitis/Painful Bladder Syndrome
Intervertebral Disc Disease
Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Kidney Disease, Chronic
Low Back Pain, Acute
Low back Pain Chronic
Nausea and Vomiting
Obstructive Sleep Apnea
Pelvic Inflammatory Disease
Pelvic Pain, Chronic
Peptic Ulcer Disease
Peripheral Artery Disease
Plycystic Kidney Disease
Pressure Injury Prostrate Cancer
Respiratory Failure, Acute
Restless Legs Syndrome
Rheumatic Fever and Heart Disease
Sexually Transmitted Infections
Sickle Cell Disease
Spinal Cord Injury
Spinal Cord Tumors
Systematic Exertion Intolerance Disease
Systematic Inflammatory Response Syndrome
Organ Dysfunction Syndrome
Systemic Lupus Erythemtosus
Urinary Tract Calculi
Urinary Tract Infections
Vaginal, Cervical and Vulvar Infections
Valvular Heart Disease
Part Two: Treatments and Procedures
Articificial Airways: Endotracheal Tubes
Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers
Chest tubes and Pleural Drainage
Immunotherapy and Targeted Therapy
The Joint Commission Official "Do Not Use" List
Commonly Used Formulas
Characteristics of Common Dysrhythmias
Elecrocardiogram (ECG) Monitoring
Glasgow Coma Scale
- © Mosby 2019
- 27th March 2019
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
Clinical Professor College of Nursing and Healthcare Innovation Arizona State University Phoenix, Arizona
Professor, Department of Nursing, Kent State University at Tuscarawas, New Philadelphia, Ohio
Program Director, Adult-Gerontology Nurse Practitioner Program; Program Director, HIV Sub-specialty; Columbia University School of Nursing, New York, New York
Instructor, University of South Carolina College of Nursing, Columbia, South Carolina
Director of Undergraduate Nursing School of Nursing Montclair State University Montclair, New Jersey
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.