The easy-to-use Clinical Companion for Ignatavicius and Workman’s Medical-Surgical Nursing: Patient-Centered Collaborative Care, 8th Edition, is an A-Z guide to more than 250 common medical-surgical conditions and their management. Written in a reader-friendly, direct-address style, this resource is a convenient tool that you can carry with you on clinical days. Now organized in a streamlined collaborative care format, complete with new QSEN highlights and a reorganized Concepts in Medical-Surgical Nursing section, it will quickly become your best bedside reference.
- A-Z synopses of more than 250 diseases and disorders , along with related collaborative care, serve as both a quick reference for clinical days and a study resource for diseases/disorders and related collaborative care.
- Consistent collaborative care format mirrors the coverage provided in the Ignatavicius & Workman textbook to more effectively prepare students for clinical days.
- UNIQUE! Nursing Safety Priorities reinforce critical safety measures at the bedside and mirror those in the Ignatavicius & Workman text: Drug Alert, Critical Rescue, and Action Alert.
- Special Considerations highlights call students' attention to important aspects of nursing care, such as Genetic/Genomic Considerations, Considerations for Older Adults, Gender Health Considerations, and Cultural Considerations.
- A Concepts of Medical-Surgical Nursing section (Part One) includes a NEW! concept on fluid and electrolyte balance, reflects the emphasis on concepts from Giddens’ Concepts of Nursing Practice, and provides students with an understanding of essential concepts needed for effective nursing practice.
- A-Z printed thumb tabs appear along the edges of the pages to facilitate quick access to clinical information for just-in-time learning and reference at the bedside.
- 8 quick-reference appendices provide need-to-know, quick-reference coverage of common and some less typical clinical topics.
PART ONE: CONCEPTS OF MEDICAL-SURGICAL NURSING
Fluid and Electrolyte Balance
Palliation and End-of-Life Care
Planning for Discharge
PART TWO: DISEASES AND DISORDERS
Alphabetical entries for more than 250 common medical-surgical conditions
1. Guide to Head-To-Toe Physical Assessment of Adults
2. Interventions for Common Environmental Emergencies
3. Chemical and Biological Agents of Terrorism
4. Terminology Associated with Fluid and Electrolyte Balance
5. Electrocardiographic Complexes, Segments, and Intervals
6. The Patient Requiring Intubation and Mechanical Ventilation
7. The Patient Requiring Chest Tubes
8. Communication Quick Reference for Spanish-Speaking Patients
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2016
- 30th January 2015
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Assistant Professor, Frances Payne Bolton School of Nursing, Case Western Reserve University; Clinical Nurse, Trauma/Critical Care Float Pool, MetroHealth Medical Center, Cleveland, Ohio