- Teaching for Self-Management boxes offer a guide to communicating follow-up care to patients and their families.
- Signs of Potential Complications boxes help you recognize the signs and symptoms of complications and provide immediate interventions.
- Procedure boxes offer easy-to-use, step-by-step instructions for maternity skills and procedures.
- Emergency boxes may be used for quick reference in critical situations.
- Nursing Alerts highlight critical information that must be considered when providing care.
- Medication Guides in an appendix provide a key reference for common drugs and their interactions.
Section 1: Pregnancy
Section 2: Selected Pregnancy Complications
Section 3: Intrapartum
Section 4: Selected Childbirth Complications
Section 5: Postpartum
Section 6: Selected Postpartum Complications
Section 7: The Newborn
Section 8: Selected Newborn Complications
Appendix A: Laboratory Values for Pregnant and Non-Pregnant Women
Appendix B: Medication Guides
Appendix C: English-Spanish Translations