To find the clinical facts you need to know, make this pocket guide your constant companion! Clinical Companion to Fundamentals of Nursing, 10th Edition includes the hard-to-remember facts, lab values, and abbreviations that are essential to providing optimal nursing care. Organized by the major concepts and principles of your nursing fundamentals course, this reference features a quick-access format with summary tables and bulleted lists. The Clinical Companion makes retrieving, reviewing, and retaining clinical facts and figures easier than ever!
- Detailed information on medications helps to prevent medication errors and ensure safe practice, with topics including dosage calculations, compatibilities, conversions, and administration.
- At-a-glance content is provided in outline, list, and tabular formats for easy lookup and review.
- Basic facts and figures, standard values, care guidelines and more provide the background frequently needed in a reference for clinical practice.
- Concise, pocket-sized format ensures portability for use in the clinical setting.
- Medical, Nursing, and Health Professions Terminology
3. Interprofessional Collaboration and Delegation
4. Nursing Process/Care Planning
6. Patient Interview
7. Vital Signs NEW!
8. Physical Assessment NEW!
9. Pain Assessment
10. Skin, Hair, Nails Assessment
11. Head, Ears, Eyes, Nose, and Throat Assessment
12. Respiratory Assessment
13. Cardiac and Peripheral Vascular Assessment
14. Musculoskeletal Assessment
15. Neurological Assessment
16. Abdominal Assessment
17. Breasts and Genital Assessment
19. Equivalents and Dosage Calculations
20. Medication Administration
21. Infection Control
22. Mobility and Positioning
23. Personal Care
24. Wound Care
25. Oxygen Administration
26. Nutrition and Diets
27. Diagnostic Testing and Procedures
28. Preoperative and Postoperative Care
29. Emergent Clinical Situations
30. Death and Dying
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2021
- 29th October 2019
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Patricia A. Potter, RN, MSN, PhD, FAAN, Director of Research, Patient Care Services Barnes-Jewish Hospital St. Louis, MO
Director of Research, Patient Care Services Barnes-Jewish Hospital St. Louis, MO
Anne Griffin Perry, RN, MSN, EdD, FAAN, Professor Emerita, School of Nursing, Southern Illinois University, Edwardsville, Illinois
Professor and Associate Dean, School of Nursing, Southern Illinois University, Edwardsville, IL
Patricia Stockert, RN, BSN, MS, PhD, President of the College, Saint Francis Medical Center College of Nursing, Peoria, IL
President of the College, Saint Francis Medical Center College of Nursing, Peoria, IL
Amy Hall, RN, BSN, MS, PhD, CNE, Professor and Dean, School of Nursing, Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Professor and Dean, School of Nursing, Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.