Clinical Cardio-oncology is a comprehensive, clinically focused title for cardiologists, oncologists, and specialists in cardio-oncology programs who need up-to-date knowledge about the cardiovascular effects of cancer treatment, especially on long-term cancer survivors. This brand-new resource covers the implementation of cardio-oncology into your practice, while a strong focus on patient management offers helpful information on coordinating care before, during, and after therapy. Its highly organized four-section format allows readers to quickly and easily locate relevant information.
- Comprised of four sections for quick and easy reference: Oncology and Hematology Principles; Cardiac Complications from Cancer Therapy; Coordination of Care; and Cardio-oncology in Practice.
- Includes online case studies focused on the structure and implementation of cardio-oncology care.
- Provides expert wisdom from cardio-oncology authorities around the world, as well as consultation and perspectives from pioneers in the field of oncology.
- Highlights the principles of cancer therapies, including radiation and tumor therapy, as well as pre-, intra-, and post-therapy cardiology evaluation.
- Boasts chapters on implementing cardio-oncology into practice: primary cancer centers, comprehensive referral centers, group practices, and educational needs and goals for fellowship programs.
- Advises on how to coordinate care for the patient at every stage of treatment (pre-therapy, during therapy, after therapy, and end-of-life).
- Presents detailed information on various cardiac complications from cancer therapy, such as cardiomyopathy, vascular disease, arrhythmias, and hypertension.
- Teaches the principles of oncology and hematology with coverage of different therapy types and cardiac tumors.
- Includes a comprehensive drug guide.
- Expert Consult eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, images, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
Section I ONCOLOGY AND HEMATOLOGY PRINCIPES FOR THE CARDIOLOGIST
1 Principles of Cancer Treatment
2 Introduction to Systematic Antineoplastic Treatments of Cardiologists
3 Basics of Radiation Therapy
4 Cardiac Tumors: Overview and Pathology
5. Cardiac Tumors: Imaging
6. Cardiac Tumors: Treatment
7 Subtypes of Cancer Involving the Heart
Section II CARDIAC COMPLICATIONS FROM CANCER THERAPY
8 Chemotherapy-Induced Cardiomyopathy
9 Vascular Toxicities of Cancer Therapies
10 Cardiovascular Complications from Cancer Therapy: Hypertension-Focus on Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor Inhibitors
11 Thromboembolic Disease in Cancer
12 Pericardial Disease and Effusion
13 Arrhythmias and QTc Prolongations
14 Radiation-Induced Heart Disease: Long-Term Manifestations, Diagnosis, and Management
15 Miscellaneous Syndromes (Takotsubo’s Orthostasis, and Differentiation Syndrome)
Section III COORDINATION OF CARE AT DIFFERENT STAGES OF CANCER TREATMENT
16 Diagnostic Tests in Cardio-oncology
17 Pretherapy Cardiology Evaluation
18 Intratherapy Cardiology Evaluation
19 Cardiovascular Effects of Anthracycline
20 Supportive and Palliative Care and Issues in Cardio-oncology
Section IV CARDIO-ONCOLOGY IN PRACTICE
21 Cardio-oncology in Practice: Goals and Principles
22 Structure and Implementation of Cardio-oncology
23 Cardio-oncology Fellowship Programs
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2018
- 3rd November 2016
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
Associate Professor of Medicine, Department of Cardiovascular Diseases, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota