In a clear and succinct style, this book highlights the anatomical basis of medicine and surgery. The book covers all the main branches of anatomy and adopts a unique problem-solving approach throughout the presentation. It discusses the commonly encountered problems from various areas of clinical medicine and surgery and explains the anatomical basis of these problems. The book thus provides a sound foundation leading to a richer understanding of clinical medicine and surgery. In this edition, the text has been thoroughly revised and all chapters have been updated.
- Chapter on Genetics, which presents an overview of the genesis of genetic diseases
- Section: Surface Anatomy—enables easy comprehension of the location of deeper structures
- Section: Imaging Anatomy—highlights the application of imaging in diagnosing medical and surgical problems
- Section: Golden Facts—enumerates common clinical problems
- Numerous line diagrams and halftones
- Two-colour format that enhances clarity of line diagrams and facilitates an easier understanding of the structures.
All these features make this book an extremely useful text for UG medical students. PGs, residents as well as practicing physicians and surgeons would also find it a reliable and handy reference source
1. General Anatomy
2. Upper Limb
5. Lower Limb
6. Head and Nec
7. Central Nervous System
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier India 2006
- 15th June 2006
- Elsevier India
- Paperback ISBN:
Vishram Singh is presently Professor and Head, Department of Anatomy, and Member of the Academic Council and Core Committee PhD Course, Santosh Medical College, Santosh University, Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh, India. He is also Editor-in-Chief, Journal of the Anatomical Society of India. He holds MBBS and MS (Anatomy) degrees from King George’s Medical College, Lucknow, UP. Professor Singh has been teaching anatomy to undergraduate and postgraduate students at several colleges and institutes like King George’s Medical College, and All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, and has been an examiner to various colleges and universities. He has more than 40 years of experience in teaching, research, and clinical practice. He is the recipient of The Best Teacher and Researcher Award from Al-Arab Medical University, Benghazi, Libya. He is an expert in anatomy and has more than 15 books to his credit and published several research articles in national and international journals.