This concise source for the clinical anatomy of the visual system covers the clinical anatomy of the eye, its adnexa, and the visual pathways in a well-illustrated, well-referenced format. It balances histologic content of the microscopic anatomy with functional aspects of the eye and visual system. Clear illustrations complement the text and provide clinical information on diseases and disorders that represent departures from normal clinical anatomy.
- Full color illustrations throughout enhance the anatomical and clinical information.
- The only anatomy text written by an optometrist for optometrists and students - it provides a strong foundation for recognizing and understanding clinical situations, problems, and treatments.
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
1. The visual system
2. The cornea and sclera
3. The uvea
4. The retina
5. The crystalline lens
6. The aqueous and vitreous chambers
7. Ocular embryology
8. Bones of the skull and orbit
9. Ocular adnexa and lacrimal system
10. Extraocular muscles
11. Orbital blood supply
12. Cranial nerve innervation of ocular structures
13. Autonomic innervation of ocular structures
14. The visual pathway
- No. of pages:
- © Butterworth-Heinemann 2005
- 9th November 2004
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
Associate Professor of Optometry, Pacific University College of Optometry, Forest Grove, OR