1. Introduction and the Concept of Circular Economy
2. Circular Economy in Textiles and Fashion
3. Tools for Circular Economy
4. Models for Circular Economy
5. 3R's and Circular Economy
6. Design for Circular Economy
7. Sustainable Business Strategies and Circular Economy
8. Drivers for the Circular Economy
9. Case Studies - Circular Economy
10. Future for Circular Economy
The fashion and textiles industries are increasingly turning to the concept of circular economy in order to address environmental issues such as the excessive generation of landfill waste. Circular Economy in Textiles and Apparel is the first book to provide guidance in this subject.
Tools for implementing this paradigm change are explained, and the impact on textile production methods explored. Sustainable business strategies are also covered, as are new design methods that can help in the reduction of waste.
Drawing on contributions from leading experts in industry and academia, this book covers every aspect of this increasingly important subject, and speculates on how it is likely to develop in future.
- Provides case studies of the circular economy in operation in the textiles industry
- Identifies challenges to implementation, and areas where more research is needed
- Draws on both industrial innovation and academic research to explain an emerging topic with the potential to change the way we make and use clothing entirely
Practitioners across the textile industry with an interest in sustainability, including R&D, manufacturing, and management. Academics in the fields of sustainable textiles, materials, or industry
- No. of pages:
- © Woodhead Publishing 2019
- 1st November 2018
- Woodhead Publishing
- Paperback ISBN:
Subramanian Senthilkannan Muthu is Eco-Design Consultant at SGS Hong Kong Limited. He completed his doctoral research study at the Institute of Textiles and Clothing, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University.
Global Sustainability Services, Hong Kong