Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
1. Introduction and the Concept of Circular Economy
2. Circular Fashion
3. Tools for circular economy: review and some potential applications for the Philippine textile industry
4. 3R's and Circular Economy
5. Upcycled and low-cost sustainable business for value-added textiles and fashion
6. Circular economy: a necessary (r)evolution
7. Sustainable Business Strategies and Circular Economy
8. Systems and models for circular economy
9. Circular economy in textiles and fashion - the role of a consumer
10. Future for Circular Economy
Circular Economy in Textiles and Apparel: Processing, Manufacturing, and Design is the first book to provide guidance on this subject, presenting the tools for implementing this paradigm and their impact on textile production methods. Sustainable business strategies are also covered, as are new design methods that can help in the reduction of waste. Drawing on contributions from leading experts in industry and academia, this book covers every aspect of this increasingly important subject and speculates on future developments.
- Provides case studies on the circular economy in operation in the textiles industry
- Identifies challenges to implementation and areas where more research is needed
- Draws on both industrial innovation and academic research to explain an emerging topic with the potential to entirely change the way we make and use clothing
Practitioners across the textile industry with an interest in sustainability, including R&D, manufacturing, and management. Academics in the fields of sustainable textiles, materials, or industry
- No. of pages:
- © Woodhead Publishing 2019
- 7th November 2018
- Woodhead Publishing
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Subramanian Senthilkannan Muthu holds a PhD in Textiles Sustainability from The Hong Kong Polytechnic University. He is well known for his contributions in the field and has extensive academic and industrial experience. He has got an extensive publication list of over 85 scientific books and over 100 research publications to his credit. He is currently Director & Head of Sustainability for SgT & API, based in Hong Kong. He has over a decade's working experience in the area of Textiles & Clothing sustainability. He has worked with companies in Asia and Europe to consulting a range of sustainability themes. He is an Editor, Editorial Board member and a Reviewer for many international peer-reviewed journals in textiles and environmental sciences. He is one of the Directors of the Textile and Bioengineering Informatics Society (TBIS), a charitable organization created to foster, develop, and promote all aspects of science and technology in bioengineering of materials, fibers and textiles.
Director & Head of Sustainability, SgT & API, Hong Kong
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.