This pocket-sized book is an excellent accessible, portable source of guidance on the principles and practices of pain management. The new edition features a new focus on chronic pain, incorporates all of the newest pain medications, reflects our latest understanding of pain physiology, and presents entirely new sections covering functional imaging and the use of strong opioid medications for the relief of non-cancer pain.
- Offers practical information on managing pain associated with cancer, HIV, and chronic syndromes such as back pain and scar pain.
- Presents valuable insights into the psychology of pain.
- Reviews the basic science of pain and its management.
I. Principles of Pain Management
1. Anatomy and Physiology of Pain
3. Clinical Pharmacology
4. The Opioids
5. Opioids and Non-Cancer Pain
6. Non-Opioid Analgesic
7. Local Anaesthetics
8. Antidepressants and Anticonvulsants
9. Miscellaneous Drugs Used in Pain Control
11. Assessment of the Patient in Pain
II. Pain of Cancer and Advanced HIV Disease
12. Cancer Pain
13. Pain and Advanced HIV Disease
III. Chronic Pain Syndromes
14. Back and Neck Pain
15. Muscular Pain
16. Scar Pain
17. Neuropathic and Central Pain
18. Facial Pain
19. Chronic Pelvic Pain
IV. Psychology and Pain
20. Psychology and Pain
- No. of pages:
- © Churchill Livingstone 2005
- 10th September 2004
- Churchill Livingstone
- Paperback ISBN: