Stay up to date on fast-changing areas of health care with the 75th anniversary edition of this trusted medical dictionary. Expanded coverage familiarizes you with the most current medical terminology in evolving areas such as genetics, complementary therapies, and sports rehabilitation, while detailed illustrations help clarify definitions and ensure confident understanding.
- Reliable, easy-to-read definitions for more than 12,000 terms.
- A full-color section that illustrates the body systems in vivid detail.
- An extensive array of appendices that provide quick access to important information.
- A concise, compact format that ensures portability and ease-of-use.
How to use this dictionary
Dictionary of medical terms
Appendix 1. Illustrations of major body systems
Appendix 2. SI units and the metric system
Appendix 3. Normal values
Appendix 4. Nutrients
Appendix 5. Drugs – the law, measurement and drug groups in common use
Appendix 6. Abbreviations – medical terms, degrees, diplomas, organizations
Appendix 7. Useful addresses
Appendix 8. Chemical symbols and formulae
- No. of pages:
- © Churchill Livingstone 2008
- 6th June 2008
- Churchill Livingstone
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Author and Lecturer, Norfolk, UK