Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Chitosan in Drug Delivery provides thorough insights into chitosan chemistry, collection, chemical modifications, characterization and applications in the pharmaceutical industry and healthcare fields. The book explores molecular weight, degree of deacetylation and molecular geometry, emphasizing recent advances in the field as written by academic, industry and regulatory scientists. It will be a useful resource for pharmaceutical scientists, including industrial pharmacists, analytical scientists, postgraduate students, health care professionals and regulatory scientists actively involved in pharmaceutical product and process development in natural polymers containing drug delivery.
- Provides methodologies for the design, development and selection of chitosan in drug delivery for particular therapeutic applications
- Includes illustrations demonstrating the mechanism of biological interaction of chitosan
- Discusses the regulatory aspects and demonstrates the clinical efficacy of chitosan
Postgraduate students, postdoctoral research fellows, academicians, pharmaceutical scientists including industrial pharmacists & analytical scientists, health care professionals and regulatory scientists actively involved in pharmaceutical product and process development of natural polymer containing drug delivery
- Chitosan: Source, chemistry and properties
2. Chitosan-based single-units for oral drug delivery
3. Chitosan nanoparticles in drug delivery
4. Chitosan in transdermal drug delivery
5. Chitosan in ocular drug delivery
6. Chitosan in colon-targeted drug delivery
7. Chitosan as biomaterial for implantable drug delivery
8. Chitosan-based systems in cancer therapeutics
9. Chitosan-based hydrogels in drug delivery
10. In situ gels of chitosan for drug delivery applications
11. Chitosan as mucoadhesive polymer used in drug delivery
12. Thiolated chitosan as improved bioadhesive polymer in drug delivery
13. Cross-linked chitosans in drug delivery
14. Graft copolymers of chitosan in drug delivery applications
15. PEGylated chitosans in drug delivery applications
16. Carboxymethyl chitosan in drug delivery
17. Polyelectrolyte complex and interpenetrated network systems made of chitosan in drug delivery
18. Chitosan as a responsive biopolymer in drug delivery
19. Chitosan-based nanobiocomposites in drug delivery
20. Chitosan for delivery of biomolecules
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2021
- 2nd November 2021
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
Dr. Md Saquib Hasnain is currently working as a Professor in the Department of Pharmacy, Palamau Institute of Pharmacy, Jharkhand, India. He has over 9 years of research experience in the field of drug delivery and pharmaceutical formulation analyses, especially systematic development and characterization of diverse nanostructured drug delivery systems, controlled release drug delivery systems, bioenhanced drug delivery systems, nanomaterials and nanocomposites employing Quality by Design approaches and many more. Till date he has authored over 50 publications in various high impact peer-reviewed journals and 100 book chapters to his credit. In addition, he has authored 2 books and edited 9 books published by International publisher(s). He is also serving as the reviewer of several prestigious journals. Overall, he has earned highly impressive publishing and cited record in Google Scholar (H-Index: 28). He has also participated and presented his research work at over ten conferences in India, and abroad. He was also the member of scientific societies i.e., Royal Society of Chemistry, Great Britain, International Association of Environmental and Analytical Chemistry, Switzerland and Swiss Chemical Society, Switzerland.
Professor, Department of Pharmacy, Palamau Institute of Pharmacy, Daltonganj, Jharkhand, India
Sarwar Beg is Assistant Professor at Department of Pharmaceutics, School of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, Jamia Hamdard, New Delhi, India. Prior to joining Jamia Hamdard, Dr. Sarwar was worked with Jubilant Generics Limited, Noida, as Research Scientist and was responsible for QbD implementation in formulation and analytical development of generic products. He has over a decade of experience in the field of pharmaceutics, especially in the systematic development and characterization of novel and nanostructured drug delivery systems employing Quality by Design (QbD), Design of Experiments (DoE) and multivariate statistical approaches. Besides, Dr. Sarwar has good knowledge in applying various other advanced computational tools like drug release kinetic modeling, pharmacokinetic modeling and in vitro/in vivo correlation (IVIVC) approaches for efficient development of drug products. Dr. Beg has participated and presented his research work at several conferences in USA, Canada, China, India, Bangladesh, and has earned several “Best Paper” awards.
Assistant Professor, School of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, Jamia Hamdard, New Delhi, India
Dr. Amit Kumar Nayak is currently working as an Associate Professor at Seemanta Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Odisha, India. He earned his Ph.D. in Pharmaceutical Sciences from IFTM University, India.He worked as Senior Research Associate at IIT, Kanpur in a CSIR sponsored project. Dr. Nayak has over 12 years of research experiences in the field of pharmaceutics, especially in the development and characterization of novel biopolymeric and nanostructured drug delivery systems made of natural biopolymers. He has authored over 130 research and review articles in various high impact peer-reviewed journals and 102 book chapters in various international books. In addition, he has authored 2 books and edited 10 books published by International publisher(s). He has received University Foundation Day Research Award-2019 by Biju Patnaik University of Technology, Odisha. He serves as a reviewer for several reputed journals and is a life member of Association of Pharmaceutical Teachers of India (APTI).
Associate Professor, Department of Pharmaceutics, Seemanta Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Odisha, India
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.