Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Chemistry for Toxicity Testing presents the chemical requirements for external toxicity studies. This book is organized into four parts encompassing 18 chapters that discuss the basic chemistry considerations for toxicity testing program. It also describes the structure-activity prediction of the carcinogenicity of chemicals and the development of methods for mixing chemicals in rodent feed.
Some of the topics covered in the book are the formulations of insoluble and immiscible test agents in liquid medium for toxicity testing; problems of testing commercial-grade chemicals; analysis of dosed feed samples; determination of chemical and vehicle mixtures stability; and the toxicity of inhaled chemicals. Other parts explore the methods for generation of test atmosphere and the monitoring of vapor concentration in test atmosphere. An evaluation of dosage analysis data from a problem-solving point of view is provided. The discussion then shifts to the effects of good laboratory practices on chemistry requirements for toxicity testing. The final part is devoted to the monitoring of aerosol chemicals inhalation in chambers.
The book can provide useful information to chemists, toxicologists, students, and researchers.
I. General Chemistry Considerations
1. Analytical Chemistry Requirements for Toxicity Testing of Environmental Chemicals
3. Problems of Testing Commercial-Grade Chemicals
4. Chemical/ Vehicle Mixing and Analysis Problems at a Bioassay Laboratory
II. Dosage Mixing and Analysis
5. Methods Development for Mixing Chemicals in Rodent Feed
6. Formulations of Insoluble and Immiscible Test Agents in Liquid Vehicles for Toxicity Testing
7. Analysis of Dosed Feed Samples
8. Stability Determinations for Chemical/ Vehicle Mixtures
III. Chemical Inhalation Studies
9. Inhalation Toxicology: An Overview
10. Methods for Generation of Test Atmospheres
11. Monitoring Vapor Concentrations in Test Atmospheres
12. Chemical Monitoring of Aerosols in Inhalation Chambers
13. Detection of Degradation Products in Inhalation Test Atmospheres and Analysis in Combustion Products Toxicology
14. Analytical Monitoring for Both Intentional and Unintentional
Test Chemical Release during the Conduct of Inhalation Toxicity Studies
IV. Chemistry Data Evaluation
15. Data Evaluation and Management
16. Evaluation of Dosage Analysis Data from a Problem-Solving Point of View
17. Management of a Repository for Chemicals Used in Coded Toxicity Testing
18. Effects of Good Laboratory Practices on Chemistry Requirements for Toxicity Testing
- No. of pages:
- © Butterworth-Heinemann 1984
- 28th August 1984
- eBook ISBN: