Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
1. Chemical management system in textiles
2. Chemical hazards in textiles
3. Chemical risk assessment in textile and fashion
4. Challenges in dyeing of cellulosics with reactive dyes and practical sustainable feasibilities
5. Essentials of chemical management system for textiles
6. Hazardous, restricted, and manufacturing restricted substances in textiles and clothing supply chain
7. Chemical compliance and regulations in textiles and fashion
8. Life cycle assessment and textile chemicals
9. Green chemistry in textile and fashion
Chemical Management in Textiles and Fashion helps readers understand current pressures on the textile industry surrounding the responsible management of chemicals. The book was written in response to industrial movements like Greenpeace’s Detox Campaign and Zero Discharge of Hazardous Chemicals, which have both helped to motivate retailers, manufacturers and regulatory bodies on this issue. Chapters cover the entire supply chain, taking into account the use of chemicals in processing, manufacturing and recycling garments. In addition to environmental sustainability, this valuable resource covers all the main aspects of chemical management, including chemical risk assessments, chemical management systems, and lifecycle assessment.
While providing a survey of the latest regulations and standards on chemical management, this book also examines emerging green alternatives to help readers find innovative solutions for sustainable chemical processes.
- Covers all relevant regulations and certifications for chemical management in textiles
- Provides technical details on the hazardous chemicals often used in the textile industries
- Explores a range of safe alternatives
- Addresses chemical management throughout the textile supply chain
Researchers and postgraduate students of textile engineering, environmental engineering, and chemical engineering
- No. of pages:
- © Woodhead Publishing 2020
- 29th September 2020
- Woodhead Publishing
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
Dr Subramanian Senthilkannan Muthu holds a PhD in Textiles Sustainability from The Hong Kong Polytechnic University. He is well known for his contributions in the field and has extensive academic and industrial experience. He has got an extensive publication list of over 85 scientific books and over 100 research publications to his credit. He is currently Director & Head of Sustainability for SgT & API, based in Hong Kong. He has over a decade's working experience in the area of Textiles & Clothing sustainability. He has worked with Industries in Asia and Europe for various Sustainability aspects. He is an Editor, Editorial Board member and a Reviewer for many international peer-reviewed journals in textiles and environmental sciences. He is one of the Directors of the Textile and Bioengineering Informatics Society (TBIS), a charitable organization created to foster, develop, and promote all aspects of science and technology in bioengineering of materials, fibers and textiles.
Director & Head of Sustainability, SgT & API, Hong Kong
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.