- Best selling chemical engineering text
- Revised to keep pace with the latest chemical industry changes; designed to see students through from undergraduate study to professional practice
- End of chapter exercises and solutions
Table of Contents
- Introduction to design; Fundamentals of material balances; Fundamentals of energy balances (and energy utilisation); Flow-sheeting; Piping and instrumentation; Costing and project evaluation; Materials of construction; Design information and data; Safety and loss prevention; Equipment selection, specification and design; Separation columns (distillation, absorbtion and extraction); Heat-transfer equipment; Mechanical design of process equipment; General site considerations; Appendices; Indices; Full solutions manual available online
- No. of pages: 1056
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Butterworth-Heinemann 2005
- Published: July 1, 2005
- Imprint: Butterworth-Heinemann
- eBook ISBN: 9780080492551
About the Author
After his career in industry he joined the Chemical Engineering Department, University of Wales Swansea in 1970, specialising in teaching process and plant design, and other engineering practice subjects.
The first edition of Chemical Engineering Design (Coulson and Richardson’s Vol 6) was published in 1983. Subsequent editions have been published at approximately 5 year intervals.
Ray Sinnott retired from full time teaching in 1995 but has maintained close contact with the engineering profession.
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Chemical Engineering Design"