- A collection of papers presented at the 44th Annual meeting of the Phytochemical Society of North America
- Representation from a unique interdisciplinary forum of scientists
- Includes discussions on new genomics research in forest health
Table of Contents
- 1. Induced Chemical Defenses in Conifers: Biochemical and Molecular Approaches to Studying their Function (A. Schmidt et al.).
2. Molecular Biochemistry and Genomics of Terpenoid Defenses in Conifers (D. Martin, J. Bohlmann).
3. Some Insights into the Remarkable Metabolism of the Bark Beetle Midgut (C. Tittiger et al.).
4. Interactions among Conifer Terpenoids and Bark Beetles across Multiple Levels of Scale: An Attempt to Understand Links between Population
Patterns and Physiological Processes (K.F. Raffa et al.).
5. Molecular Biology and Biochemistry of Induced Insect Defenses in Populus. C. (P. Constabel, I.T. Major).
6. Tropical Forests as Sources of Natural Insecticides (M.B. Isman).
7. High Molecular Weight Plant Polyphenols (Tannins): Prospective Functions (Takashi Yoshida et al.).
8. Odor Perception and the Variability in Natural Odor Scenes (G.A. Wright, M.G.A. Thomson).
9. Structure and Function of Insect Odorant and Pheromone-Binding Proteins (OBPs and PBPs) and Chemosensory-Specific Proteins (CSPs) (N.S. Honson et al.).
10. Olfaction and Learning in Moths and Weevils Living on Angiosperm and Gymnosperm Hosts (H. Mustaparta, M. Stranden).
- No. of pages: 318
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Elsevier Science 2005
- Published: July 26, 2005
- Imprint: Elsevier Science
- Hardcover ISBN: 9780080447124
- eBook ISBN: 9780080458571
About the Editor
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Chemical Ecology and Phytochemistry of Forest Ecosystems"