Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
1. Characterization of carbon nanomaterials by Raman spectroscopy"
2. Characterization of Nanomaterials using Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy
3. Electrochemical characterization of Nanomaterials
4. Mammalian Cell-based Assays for Studying Bio-nano Interactions
5. Rheological characterization of Nanocomposites
6. Mechanical property analysis of Nanomaterials
7. Thermoanalytical characterization of Nanomaterials
8. Quantum Dots Filled Epoxy Nanocomposites with Enhanced Thermal, Mechanical and Optical Properties
9. Raman spectroscopy of nanomaterials : applications to heterogeneous catalysis
10. Optical characterization of Nanomaterials
11. Nonlinear optical properties of nanomaterials
12. Morphological characterization of Nanomaterials
Characterization of Nanomaterials: Advances and Key Technologies discusses the latest advancements in the synthesis of various types of nanomaterials. The book's main objective is to provide a comprehensive review regarding the latest advances in synthesis protocols that includes up-to-date data records on the synthesis of all kinds of inorganic nanostructures using various physical and chemical methods. The synthesis of all important nanomaterials, such as carbon nanostructures, Core-shell Quantum dots, Metal and metal oxide nanostructures, Nanoferrites, polymer nanostructures, nanofibers, and smart nanomaterials are discussed, making this a one-stop reference resource on research accomplishments in this area.
Leading researchers from industry, academia, government and private research institutions across the globe have contributed to the book. Academics, researchers, scientists, engineers and students working in the field of polymer nanocomposites will benefit from its solutions for material problems.
- Provides an up-to-date data record on the synthesis of all kinds of organic and inorganic nanostructures using various physical and chemical methods
- Presents the latest advances in synthesis protocols
- Presents latest techniques used in the physical and chemical characterization of nanomaterials
- Covers characterization of all the important materials groups such as: carbon nanostructures, core-shell quantumdots, metal and metal oxide nanostructures, nanoferrites, polymer nanostructures and nanofibers
- A broad range of applications is covered including the performance of batteries, solar cells, water filtration, catalysts, electronics, drug delivery, tissue engineering, food packaging, sensors and fuel cells
- Leading researchers from industry, academia, government and private research institutes have contributed to the books
Academic and industrial researchers working in the areas of nanotechnology and materials science, and post-doctoral students
- No. of pages:
- © Woodhead Publishing 2018
- 20th June 2018
- Woodhead Publishing
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Dr Sneha Mohan is currently working as Research Associate in Centre for Nanomaterials Science Research, University of Johannesburg, Johannesburg, South Africa . She did her PhD in Chemistry with specialization in Nanomaterials from Cape Peninsula University of technology together with International and Interuniversity centre for Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam, India. She has more than 15 international publications and 3 book chapters in her credit. She has presented her work in various international conferences and national conferences. Her research interest includes synthesis and applications of various nanomaterials and composites including sensing and catalytic activity.
Centre for Nanomaterials Science Research, University of Johannesburg, Johannesburg, South Africa & International and Interuniversity Centre for Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam, Kerala 686560, India
Prof Oluwatobi S Oluwafemi is an NRF rated researcher and actively involved in research in the area of nanotechnology. He is a Professor at the Department of Applied Chemistry, University of Johannesburg, Doornfontein Campus, South Africa. He has published many papers in internationally recognized journals and has presented at several professional meetings both local and internationally. He is a fellow of many professional bodies, a reviewer for many international journals, and has received many awards for his excellent work in material research both local and international. His current research interests include green synthesis and application of nanomaterials in medicine, water treatment and fabrication of device.
Department of Applied Chemistry, Centre for Nanomaterials Science Research, University of Johannesburg, Johannesburg, South Africa
Dr. Nandakumar Kalarikkal is an Associate Professor at School of Pure and Applied Physics and Joint Director of International and Inter University Centre for Nanoscience and Nanotechnology of Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam, Kerala, India. His research activities involve applications of nanostructured materials, laser plasma, phase transitions, etc. He is the recipient of research fellowships and associateships from prestigious government organizations such as the Department of Science and Technology and Council of Scientific and Industrial Research of Government of India. He has active collaboration with national and international scientific institutions in India, South Africa, Slovenia, Canada, France, Germany, Malaysia, Australia and US. He has more than 130 publications in peer reviewed journals. He has also co-edited 9 books of scientific interest and co-authored many book chapters
Associate Professor, School of Pure and Applied Physics; Joint Director, International and Inter University Centre for Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam, Kerala, India
Sabu Thomas is Vice-Chancellor and Professor of Polymer Science and Engineering at the School of Chemical Sciences, Mahatma Gandhi University, India. He is the author or coauthor of over 1000 papers that have been cited over 47k times, holds 3 patents, has supervised over 100 PhDs, and has authored or edited over 100 books. His research interests include polymer blends, fiber filled polymer composites, particulate filled polymer composites, ageing and degradation, and more.
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.