Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
This book describes human hereditary ion channel diseases of voltage- and ligand-gated ion channels covering the diverse fields of medicine myology, neurology, cardiology, and nephrology requiring a wide and interdisciplinary readership. Interesting parallels in pathogenetic mechanisms of disease are especially emphasized to interest even highly specialized readers in entities outside of their fields. Each author has written an objective overview of his or her particular subject in a way that should allow the reader within a short period of time to obtain a comprehensive picture of the present state of art.
Preface (F. Lehmann-Horn and K. Jurkat-Rott). Introduction. Muscle diseases.
- Sodium and calcium channelopathies of sarcolemma: periodic paralyses, paramyotonia congenita and potassium-aggravated myotonia (N. Mitrovic and H. Lerche). 2. Muscle chloride channelopathies: myotonia congenita (R. Ruédel).
- Molecular aspects of malignant hyperthermia and central core disease (P.J. Lynch and T.V. McCarthy).
- Mutations affecting muscle nicotinic acetylcholine receptors and their role in congenital myasthenic syndromes (D. Beeson and J. Newsom-Davis).
- Ion channel defects in primary electrical diseases of the heart (G.E. Kirsch). Neuronal diseases.
- Migraine and ataxias (A. Ducros, C. Denier and E. Tournier-Lasserve).
- Genetic analysis of idiopathic epilepsies: the role of ion channel muta- tions (O.K. Steinlein).
- The inhibitory glycine receptor as a model of hereditary channelopathies (K. Becker, C.-M. Becker and H.-G. Breitinger).
- Cystic fibrosis (R. Greger).
- Dent's disease: an hereditary nephrolithiasis caused by dysfunction of a voltage-gated chloride channel (C. Fahlke).
- Liddle's syndrome and pseudohypoaldosteronism type I (S. Gruénder).
- The role of ATP-sensitive K+ channels in familial hyperinsulinism (B. Glaser and L. Aguilar-Bryan). 13. Hereditary hypokalemic salt-losing tubulopathies (N. Jeck, M. Conrad and H.W. Seyberth). Appendix. Index.
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier Science 2000
- 16th November 2000
- Elsevier Science
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Universität Ulm, Germany
Universität Ulm, Germany
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.