Preface (F. Lehmann-Horn and K. Jurkat-Rott). Introduction. Muscle diseases.
1. Sodium and calcium channelopathies of sarcolemma: periodic paralyses,
paramyotonia congenita and potassium-aggravated myotonia (N. Mitrovic and H. Lerche). 2. Muscle chloride channelopathies: myotonia congenita (R. Ruédel).
3. Molecular aspects of malignant hyperthermia and central core disease
(P.J. Lynch and T.V. McCarthy).
4. Mutations affecting muscle nicotinic acetylcholine receptors and their
role in congenital myasthenic syndromes
(D. Beeson and J. Newsom-Davis).
5. Ion channel defects in primary electrical diseases of the heart
6. Migraine and ataxias (A. Ducros, C. Denier and E. Tournier-Lasserve).
7. Genetic analysis of idiopathic epilepsies: the role of ion channel muta-
tions (O.K. Steinlein).
8. The inhibitory glycine receptor as a model of hereditary channelopathies (K. Becker, C.-M. Becker and H.-G. Breitinger).
9. Cystic fibrosis (R. Greger).
10. Dent's disease: an hereditary nephrolithiasis caused by dysfunction of
a voltage-gated chloride channel (C. Fahlke).
11. Liddle's syndrome and pseudohypoaldosteronism type I (S. Gruénder).
12. The role of ATP-sensitive K+ channels in familial hyperinsulinism (B. Glaser and L. Aguilar-Bryan). 13. Hereditary hypokalemic salt-losing tubulopathies
(N. Jeck, M. Conrad and H.W. Seyberth). Appendix. Index.