Written by the American Society of PeriAnesthesia Nurses (ASPAN) — the leading organization for perianesthesia nursing education, practice, standards and research — this book is the only question-based CAPA and CPAN exam review available. All 700 questions include comprehensive rationales and are individually referenced to current research. This review/practice tool provides you with the core knowledge, essential skills, and fundamental principles integral to perianesthesia nursing practice.
- Case study and clinical application questions help you prepare for in-hospital or ambulatory certification.
- Questions are written at different levels of difficulty throughout, with a strong emphasis on application.
- Case-based scenarios help you apply your knowledge and challenge your understanding of perianesthesia clinical practice.
- Detailed rationales are provided for every question, ensuring that you understand why answers are correct or incorrect.
- Each question is referenced to up-to-date research and key resources, making it easy to locate necessary resources based on your own study plan.
- Certification of Perianesthesia Nurses: The CPAN® and CAPA® Certification Programs
2. Professional Issues Applied to Perianesthesia Nursing Practice
3. Perianesthesia Considerations Across the Life Span
4. Pharmacologic Considerations
5. The Spectrum of Perianesthesia Clinical Practice
6. Cardiac, Vascular, and Pulmonary Systems
7. Physiologic Balance
8. Neurologic, Neurovascular, and Musculoskeletal Systems
9. Intraabdominal and Retroperitoneal Observations
10. Maxillofacial, Nasopharyngeal, Ophthalmic, Otologic, and Reconstructive Concepts
- eBook ISBN:
Surgical Services, QA/Regulatory Compliance/Infection Control, Oakwood Hospital & Medical Center, Dearborn, MI
Perianesthesia Nursing Consultant, Patient Safety Analyst, OHIC Insurance/The Doctors Company, Columbus, OH