This is a comprehensive overview of the major areas of ceramic thin films and coatings, by 21 authorities on the subject. The book is directed toward potential users of the technology and will also provide a broad update for experts in the field.
The book presents a series of reviews of many of the most active and technically important areas of ceramic films and coatings. This thorough review of the state of the art of ceramic films and coatings should be a welcome addition to the ceramic engineer's or scientist's library.
Ceramic engineers and scientists.
- Ceramic Films and Coatings - an Overview 1.0 Introduction 2.0 Areas of Application of Ceramic Films and Coatings 3.0 Processing of Ceramic Films and Coatings 4.0 Characterization of Ceramic Films and Coatings 5.0 Trends in Ceramic Films and Coatings 6.0 Concept of the Present Book Appendix A. List of Abbreviations and Acronyms References
- CVD Coated Cutting Tools 1.0 Introduction 2.0 TiC Coatings 3.0 TiN Coatings 4.0 Al2O3 Coatings 5.0 Multi-Layer Coatings 6.0 Coating Thickness Optimization 7.0 Other Coatings References
- Wear Resistant Thin Films by Ion Implantation 1.0 Introduction 2.0 Wear Processes in Ceramics 3.0 Fundamental Processes in Ion-Solid Interactions 4.0 Ion Implantation of Ceramics 5.0 Ion Beam Mixing 6.0 Ion Beam Assisted Deposition 7.0 Summary References
- Corrosion Resistant Thick Films by Enamelling 1.0 Introduction to Porcelain Enamels 2.0 Porcelain Enamelling Principles and Theories 3.0 Applications and Improvement Methods for Protective Porcelain Enamel Coatings 4.0 Summary References
- Plasma Sprayed Ceramic Coatings 1.0 Introduction 2.0 Plasma Spraying 3.0 Alumina-Based Ceramics 4.0 Thermal Barrier Coatings 5.0 Plasma Sprayed High Tc Superconductors 6.0 Test Methodologies References
- Optical Thin Films 1.0 Introduction 2.0 Optical Thin Film Design 3.0 Thin Film Materials 4.0 Deposition Process 5.0 Film Properties 6.0 Attempts at Improved Properties 7.0 Conclusion References
- Sol-Gel Derived Ceramic Coatings 1.0 Introduction 2.0 Sol-Gel Processing 3.0 Coatings via Sol-Gel Processing 4.0 Applications 5.0 Outstanding Problems 6.0 Future Directions References
- Electronic Thick Film Technology 1.0 Introduction 2.0 Materials 3.0 Resistors 4.0 Dielectrics 5.0 Capacitors 6.0 Future Directions References
- Electronic Films From Metallo-Organic Precursors 1.0 Introduction 2.0 Metallo-Organic Systems 3.0 Processing 4.0 Examples of MOD Films 5.0 Summary References
- Chemical Characterization Techniques for Thin Films 1.0 Introduction 2.0 X-Ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy (XPS) 3.0 Auger Electron Spectroscopy (AES) 4.0 Backscattering Spectrometry (RBS and ISS) 5.0 Secondary Ion Mass Spectroscopy (SIMS) 6.0 Summary References
- High Tc Superconducting Thin Films 1.0 Introduction 2.0 Vacuum Deposition 3.0 Non-Vacuum Deposition 4.0 Comparison of the Thin Film Techniques 5.0 Other High Tc Superconductors 6.0 Substrate 7.0 Applications 8.0 Conclusion References
- Chemical Vapor Deposited Diamond 1.0 Introduction 2.0 Historical Background 3.0 Methods of Deposition 4.0 Growth and Quality of CVD Diamond 5.0 Thermal Properties of CVD Diamond 6.0 Optical Properties 7.0 Mechanical Properties 8.0 Polishing CVD Diamond 9.0 Conclusion References Index
- No. of pages:
- © William Andrew 1993
- 31st December 1993
- William Andrew
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
Rutgers University, NJ, USA
"The book is highly recommended for those involved in ceramic films and coatings." - High Tech Ceramic News