List of Contributors.
List of Figures.
List of Tables.
1. Catchment dynamics in a Mediterranean mountain environment
The Vallcebre research basins (southeastern Pyrenees) I: hydrology (F. Gallart, J. Latron, P. Llorens).
2. Catchment dynamics in a Mediterranean mountain environment:
the Vallcebre research basins (southeastern Pyrenees) II: temporal
and spatial dynamics of erosion and stream sediment transport (F. Gallart et al.).
3. Patterns and thresholds of runoff generation and sediment transport on some Mediterranean hillslopes (A. Calvo-Cases, C. Boix-Fayos, E. Arnau-Rosalen).
4. Repeated patterns of Quaternary discontinuous gullying at El Tormillo, Ebro Basin, Spain (A.M. Harvey, M. Gutiérrez-Elorza).
5. The influence of soil saturation on the stability of abandoned agricultural hillslope terraces under Mediterranean climatic conditions (A. Zgaier, M. Inbar).
6. The long-term effects on soil properties from a forest fire of varying intensity in a Mediterranean environment (X. Úbeda, S. Bernia, E. Simelton).
7. Landscape disturbance and organic carbon in alluvium bordering steepland rivers, East Coast Continental Margin, New Zealand (B. Gomez, N.A. Trustrum).
8. A decade of sediment transport measurements in a large Mediterranean river (the Tordera, Catalan Ranges, NE Spain) (R.J. Batalla, C. Garcia, A. Rovira).
9. Upland gravel-bed rivers with low sediment transport (M. Church, M.A. Hassan).
10. Maintenance of an obstruction-forced pool in a gravel-bed channel: streamflow, channel morphology, and sediment transport (R.D. Woodsmith, M.A. Hassan).
11. Hydrological effects of dams and water diversions on rivers of Mediterranean-climate regions: examples from Cal