Extensively revised, this state-of-the-art 3rd edition of Cataract Surgery offers new perspectives and cutting-edge coverage of the rapidly evolving field of cataract surgery. Roger F. Steinert, MD, along with a who’s who of top international experts, delivers comprehensive clinical coverage of the latest surgical techniques, principles, and pearls, as well as expert advice on preoperative assessment and how to avoid and manage complications. Detailed discussions on today’s hot topics such as aspheric and presbyopia IOL, phacoemulsification, and more, keep you at the forefront of this burgeoning field. And, more than 1050 illustrations and online videos of cataract procedures give you step-by-step visual guidance. Plus, with Expert Consult functionality, you’ll have easy access to the full text online at www.expertconsult.com.
- Offers practical technical guidance from internationally recognized authorities who describe the techniques as well as offer their best advice on the operative management of cataracts.
- Presents a logical organization where chapter progress from preoperative evaluation and preparation through the full range of surgical techniques to management of complications.
- Includes more than 1050 illustrations emphasizing the most common techniques.
Part I. Evaluation
1 The Pathology of Cataracts, Terrence S. Spencer, MD and Nick Mamalis, MD
2 Surgical Anatomy, Biochemistry, Pathogenesis, and Classification of Cataracts, Leo T. Chylack Jr., MD
3 Preoperative Evaluation of the Patient with Visually Significant Cataract, Samuel Masket, MD and Shaleen Belani, MD
4 IOL Power Calculation, Kenneth J. Hoffer, MD, FACS
Part II Preparation
5 IOL Power Calculations after Refractive Surgery, Li Wang, MD, PhD and Douglas D. Koch, MD
6. Ophthalmic Viscosurgical Devices (OVD): Physical Characteristics, Clinical Applications, and Complications, Stephen S. Lane, MD and Richard L. Lindstrom, MD
7. The Phaco Machine: The Physical Principles Guiding Its Operation, William J. Fishkind, MD, FACS, Thomas F. Neuhann, MD Roger F. Steinert, MD
8 Retrobulbar and Peribulbar Anesthesia for Cataract Surgery, Robert C. Hamilton, MB, BCh, FRCPC
9 Topical Intracameral Anesthesia, Alan S. Crandall, MD
Part III Extracapsular Cataract Extraction
10 Extracapsular Cataract Surgery: Indications and Techniques, Jared Emery, MD and Roger F. Steinert, MD
11 Small Incision Cataract Surgery in Underdeveloped Countries, Geoffrey Tabin, MA, MD
Part IV Phacoemulsification
12 Prophylactic Preoperative Preparation and Operative Measures for Control of Infection, Inflammation and Intraocular Pressure, Samuel Masket, MD and Shaleen Belani, MD
13 Incision Construction, I. Howard Fine, MD, Richard S. Hoffman, MD and Mark Packer, MD, FACS
14 Capsulorrhexis, Thomas F. Neuhann, MD
15 Hydrodissection and Hydrodelineation, I. Howard Fine, MD, Richard S. Hoffman, MD and Mark Packer, MD, FACS
16 Principles of Nuclear Phacoemulsification, Howard V. Gimbel, MD, MPH, FRCSC, FACS
17 Phaco Chop, Roger F. Steinert, MD
18 Tilt and Tumble Phacoemulsification: C
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2010
- 6th October 2009
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
Clinical Professor, Department of Ophthalmology, University of California, Irvine, Irvine CA Professor of Ophthalmology Professor of Biomedical Engineering Director of Cornea, Refractive and Cataract Surgery Vice Chair of Clinical Ophthalmology