Carpenter's Exotic Animal Formulary
Free Global ShippingNo minimum order
The only drug formulary on the market created solely for the treatment of exotic animals, Exotic Animal Formulary, 6th Edition addresses the most common questions and medical situations encountered in clinical practice. Using clear, current recommendations on drugs, indications, and dosages, this evidence-based text helps you find the information you need fast. In addition, there are numerous tables containing biologic, hematologic, and biochemical norms of common exotic pets. Species covered include birds, fish, invertebrates, amphibians, reptiles, rabbits, pocket pets, backyard poultry, and more. Edited by James Carpenter and Craig Harms, each a respected expert in exotic animal, wildlife, and zoo animal medicine, this handbook has been a go-to reference of practicing veterinarians for more than 30 years.
- More than 300 drug tables provide current recommendations on drugs, indications, and dosages used in treating exotic animals.
- All drug information is reviewed for accuracy, ensuring that this reference remains authoritative and current.
- Biologic and hematologic tables provide details on therapies and diets, normal blood parameters of common species, venipunctures sites, and medical protocols for common conditions.
- Dosage recommendations from pharmacokinetic (PK) and pharmacodynamic (PD) studies are clearly indicated.
- 29 internationally recognized experts contribute chapters in their areas of specialization.
- More than 3,100 references are cited and provide additional context for dosages.
Table of Contents
- Cover Image
- Title Page
- About the Editors
- Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 Invertebrates
- Chapter 2 Fish
- Chapter 3 Amphibians
- Chapter 4 Reptiles
- Chapter 5 Birds
- Chapter 6 Backyard Poultry, Gamebirds, and Waterfowl
- Chapter 7 Sugar Gliders
- Chapter 8 Hedgehogs
- Chapter 9 Rodents
- Chapter 10 Rabbits
- Chapter 11 Ferrets
- Chapter 12 Miniature Pigs
- Chapter 13 Primates
- Chapter 14 Native Wildlife
- Chapter 15 Select Topics for the Exotic Animal Veterinarian
- No. of pages: 848
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Saunders 2022
- Published: August 19, 2022
- Imprint: Saunders
- eBook ISBN: 9780323833936
- Paperback ISBN: 9780323833929
About the Editors
Affiliations and Expertise
Department of Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Kansas State University, Manhattan, KS
Affiliations and Expertise
Professor, Aquatics, Wildlife, & Zoo Medicine, NC State University Department of Veterinary Medicine, Raleigh, North Carolina, USA; Director, Marine Health Program, Center for Marine Sciences and Technology, Morehead City, North Carolina, USA
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Carpenter's Exotic Animal Formulary"