This new bedside manual guides you through all the practical aspects of managing patients following cardiothoracic surgery and critically ill cardiology patients. Primarily designed to use in cardiothoracic intensive care units and coronary care units, it covers the perioperative management for the full range of cardiothoracic surgical procedures, the management of complications, and related issues. Core topics in cardiothoracic critical care, such as hemodynamic instability, arrhythmias, bleeding, and mechanical cardiac support, are afforded broad coverage. Also included are sections on advanced ventilatory techniques and veno-venous ECMO for treating severe respiratory failure, as well as nutritional support, treating and preventing infection, renal failure, and care of the dying patient. Concisely written and featuring liberal use of illustrations as well as an integrated, tightly edited style, and a limited number of key references, this volume will become your reference of choice for the care of of cardiothoracic surgery patients and critically ill cardiology patients. Also included is a companion CD-ROM featuring over 700 still and 200 video clips of radiographs, CT scans, MRI scans, and echocardiograms, both transthoracic and transesophageal.
- Find information quickly with concisely written text.
- Get a more complete picture with extensive illustrations.
- Focus on just the information you need using a a limited number of key references.
- Navigate the complexities of critical care for a fulll range of cardiothoracic surgery patients with in-depth coverage of perioperative care, management of complications, and more.
- Enhance your knowledge through a companion CD-ROM featuring the latest in cardiothoracic imaging techniques.
- No. of pages:
- © Butterworth-Heinemann 2007
- 8th August 2007
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
Deapartments of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care, Auckland City Hospital, Auckland, New Zealand
Professor, Department of Anesthesiology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA