I. Basic Sciences
1. Cardiovascular Structure and Function
2. Respiratory Physiology: Structure, Function, and Integrative Responses to Intervention with Special Emphasis on the Ventilatory Pump
3. Normal and Abnormal Cardiopulmonary Responses to Exercise
4. Cardiopulmonary Changes with Aging
II. Medical Sciences
5. Cardiac Disease and Pathophysiology
6. Common Pulmonary Diseases
7. Cardiac and Pulmonary Tests and Measures
8. Drug Therapy of Common Cardiac Disorders
9. Pulmonary Pharmacology
III. Physical Therapy
10. Primary Prevention and Risk Reduction for Cardiovascular/Pulmonary Disorders—Preferred Practice Pattern 6A
11. The Patient with Deconditioning—Preferred Practice Pattern 6B
12. The Patient with Airway Clearance Dysfunction—Preferred Practice Pattern 6C
13. The Patient with Cardiovascular Pump Dysfunction/Failure—Preferred Practice Pattern 6D
14. The Patient with Ventilatory Pump Dysfunction/Failure—Preferred Practice Pattern 6E
15. The Patient with Respiratory Failure—Preferred Practice Pattern 6F
16. Respiratory Failure in the Neonate—Preferred Practice Pattern 6G
17. The Patient with Lymphatic System Disorder—Preferred Practice Pattern 6H
Since publication of the third edition of this popular text, significant changes have occurred in physical therapy education. In keeping with these changes, this new fourth edition corresponds exactly with the Practice Patterns of the APTA's Guide to Physical Therapist Practice. Readers will find a completely transformed and rewritten text, with chapter-by-chapter coverage of each practice pattern - making this book unique in the field. This newly integrated and up-to-date book will be the text of choice for an entire generation of physical therapists the world over.
Instructor resources are available; please contact your Elsevier sales representative for details.
- Remains a world-wide leader in its field, providing comprehensive and authoritative information on all aspects of cardiopulmonary physical therapy.
- Covers structure and function, pathology, medications, medical tests and measures, and common imaging techniques.
- Includes practical information on electrocardiographic interpretation, pharmacology, changes with aging, and evaluation and treatment skills.
- No. of pages:
- © Mosby 2004
- 9th April 2004
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
DPT, Graduate Program in PT, North Georgia College and State University, Dahlonega, GA, USA