Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
2. Yarn production from carbon nanotube forests
3. Carbon nanotube fibers spun directly from furnace
4. Solution-spun carbon nanotube fibers
5. Interphase structures and properties of carbon nanotube-reinforced polymer nanocomposite fibers
6. Post-spinning treatments to carbon nanotube fibers
7. Carbon nanotube yarn structures and properties
8. Mechanics modeling of carbon nanotube yarns
9. Sensors based on CNT yarns
10. CNT yarn-based supercapacitors
11. Carbon nanotube yarn-based actuators
Carbon Nanotube Fibres and Yarns for Smart Textiles: Production, Properties and Applications in Smart Textiles explains the relevance of carbon nanotube science and provides new insights on this emerging, high-performance textile material. Particular emphasis is placed on applications in smart textiles and wearable electronics applications, such as flexible sensors, actuators and energy sources. This collection examines the state-of-the-art in carbon nanotube (CNT) research, providing guidance for anyone who is exploring problems where CNTs may provide design solutions. Finally, the book addresses advances in yarn spinning methods, yarn structures and properties.
Drawing on his experience in the textile industry, the book's editor presents academic research in a way that is comprehensible and useful to materials scientists and engineers in practice.
- Explains how carbon nanotube science can meet the challenging requirements of important and emerging smart textiles and wearable electronics applications
- Reviews and analyzes key developments on CNT yarn spinning methods, yarn structures and properties, and proposed applications
- Addresses the potential applications of CNT yarns and nanocomposite fibers
Researchers, product designers and processing engineers interested in emerging high-performance textile materials, carbon nanotube synthesis, CNT yarn/fibre formation, product development and production (especially in electronic and smart textiles), and processing science and technology
- No. of pages:
- © Woodhead Publishing 2020
- 14th September 2019
- Woodhead Publishing
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Dr Menghe Miao is a principal research scientist in materials science and engineering at the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organization (CSIRO), Australia. With a PhD in textile engineering, his research interests and publications embrace many facets of the science and engineering of fiber-based materials, including fiber, yarn, and nonwoven materials, manufacturing technology, textile performances, and product engineering, structure and fabrication of fiber-reinforced composite materials, and textile sensors, actuators, and energy storage devices.
Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organization (CSIRO), Australia
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.