Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Carbon Fiber, Second Edition brings together available information on the production, properties, application and future of carbon fibers. This book will be of interest to those involved in the investigation of carbon fiber, carbon fiber manufacturing, and users. In addition, the recycling of carbon fiber reinforced polymers and the manufacturing of composites from recycled carbon fiber reinforced polymers are discussed. The book offers in-depth coverage on the production of carbon fiber and the global carbon fiber market, demand and major growth drivers. Carbon structures from biowaste, waste lignin and novel processes to obtain high purity lignin are presented, along with future directions.
- Provides thorough and in-depth coverage of carbon fiber production
- Presents the global carbon fiber market, demand and major growth drivers
- Covers carbon structures from biowaste and waste lignin
- Discusses novel process to obtain high purity lignin
- Includes discussions of future directions for the carbon fiber industry
Researchers/students engaged in the field of Material Science/Material engineering, Chemistry/ Applied Chemistry, and Polymer Science/engineering, Chemical Engineering
2. Raw Materials and Processes for the Production of Carbon Fibre
3. Production of carbon fibre from biowaste and lignin
4. Industrial lignin production
5. Lignin fiber spinning and conversion to carbon fibre
6. Properties of Carbon Fibre
7. Recycling of Carbon Fibre-Reinforced Polymers
8. Manufacturing of Composites from Recycled Carbon Fibre
9. Applications of Carbon Fibre/ Carbon Fibre-reinforced/Plastic Recycled Carbon Fibre- reinforced Polymers
10. The Carbon Fibre/ Carbon Fibre-reinforced Plastic Recycled Carbon Fibre reinforced Polymer Market
11. Future Directions of the Carbon Fibre Industry
12. Future Research on Carbon Fibres
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2021
- 10th January 2021
- Paperback ISBN:
Dr. Pratima Bajpai is currently working as a Consultant in the field of Paper and Pulp. She has a vast 36 years of experience in this field. She has worked at National Sugar Institute Kanpur (India), University of Saskatchewan (Canada), University of Western Ontario (Canada), and Thapar Center for Industrial Research and Development (India). Dr. Bajpai’s main areas of expertise are industrial biotechnology, pulp and paper, and environmental biotechnology. She has contributed immensely to the field of industrial biotechnology and is a recognized expert in the field. Dr. Bajpai has written several advanced level technical books on environmental and biotechnological aspects of pulp and paper which have been published by leading publishers in the USA and Europe. She has also contributed chapters to a number of books and encyclopedia, obtained 11 patents, written several technical reports, and has implemented several processes in Indian Paper mills. Dr. Bajpai is an active member of the American Society of Microbiologists and is a reviewer of many international research journals. She has also handled several Sponsored Research Projects from industry and government agencies. She is an active member of the New York Academy of Science, American Society for Microbiology, and many more.
Consultant-Pulp and Paper, Kanpur, India
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.