- The latest volume in the long standing Best Synthetic Methods series
- Clear chapter by chapter breakdown of carbohydrate synthesis themes with examples of good practical methods for common carbohydrate syntheses
Table of Contents
- An introduction to carbohydrate synthesis (H.M.I. Osborn). Selective hydroxyl protection and deprotection (J. Robertson, P.M. Stafford). Synthesis and activation of carbohydrate donors : acetates, halides, phenylselenides and glycals ( B.G. Davis et al.). Synthesis and activation of carbohydrate donors : thioglycosides and sulfoxides (K.P.R. Kartha, R.A. Field). Synthesis and activation of carbohydrate donors : acetimidates, n-pentenyl and vinyl glycosides (A.J. Fairbanks, C.M.P. Seward). Modern glycosidation methods: tuning of reactivity (J. Pietruszka). Modern glycosidation methods: orthogonal glycosidation (J. Pietruszka). The stereoselective synthesis of ß-mannosides (S.C. Ennis, H.M.I. Osborn). Synthesis of sialic acid containing carbohydrates (H. Ando et al.). The synthesis of glycosyl amino acids (P.G. Evans et al.). The synthesis of C-linked glycosides (P. Meo, H.M.I. Osborn). The uses of glycoprocessing enzymes in synthesis (B.G. Davis, S.J. Hancock).
- No. of pages: 452
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Academic Press 2003
- Published: April 22, 2003
- Imprint: Academic Press
- eBook ISBN: 9780080528526
About the Editor
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Carbohydrates"