Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
- Overview of Capillary Electrophoresis in Pharmaceutical Analysis
- Theoretical Consideration in Performance of Various Modes of CE
- Equipment Considerations for Capillary Electrophoresis
- Method Development for Pharmaceutical Analysis
- Role of CE in Drug Substance and Drug Product Development
- General Considerations to Improve Performance of CE Methods
- Overview of Current Regulatory Guidance
- Qualification of CE Instrumentation
- Robustness Testing of CE Methods
- Validation of Analytical Methods
- The Need for CE Methods in Pharmacopeial Monographs
- CE in Impurity Profiling of Drugs
- Ion Analysis
- Role of CE in Biopharmaceutical Development and Quality Control
- Capillary Electrophoresis and Bioanalysis
- CE as Orthogonal Technique to Chromatography
- Capillary Electrochromatography of Pharmaceuticals
- Coupling CE and Chip-based Devices and Mass Spectrometry
Capillary electrophoresis (CE) is a powerful analytical technique that is widely used in research and development and in quality control of pharmaceuticals. Many reports of highly efficient separations and methods have been published over the past 15 years. CE offers several advantages over high-pressure or high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC). These include simplicity, rapid analysis, automation, ruggedness, different mechanisms for selectivity, and low cost. Moreover, EC requires smaller sample size and yet offers higher efficiency and thus greater resolution power over HPLC. These characteristics are very attractive in research and development, even more so in pharmaceutical quality control (QC) and stability monitoring (SM) studies. This book will provide busy pharmaceutical scientists a complete yet concise reference guide for utilizing the versatility of CE in new drug development and quality control.
- Provides current status and future developments in CE analysis of pharmaceuticals.
- Explains how to develop and validate methods.
- Includes major pharmaceutical applications including assays and impurity testing.
This book is suitable for researchers, practitioners and consultants in the field of pharmaceuticals and related industries. It is also suitable for students to learn the basic techniques, method development and applications.
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2008
- 5th August 2008
- Academic Press
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Satinder Ahuja is a leading expert on water quality improvement. He earned his PhD in analytical chemistry from the University of the Sciences in Philadelphia. He worked for Novartis Corp. in various leadership positions for over 25 years and taught as an adjunct professor at Pace University for over 10 years. As president of Ahuja Consulting, he advises on water quality issues relating to chemicals and pharmaceuticals. A member of the executive committee of the Rivers of the World Foundation (ROW), Dr. Ahuja has organized numerous global symposia on improving water quality, including presentations for the American Chemical Society and UNESCO. Dr. Ahuja has published numerous papers and more than 20 books.
President, Ahuja Consulting for Water Quality, Calabash, NC, USA
Johnson & Johnson Pharmaceutical Research and Development, Beerse, Belgium
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.