- Comprehensive Canadian content throughout the text ensures you are well-prepared to practice in Canada.
- Nursing Assessment Questions boxes help you learn to effectively phrase questions for clients.
- Cultural Aspects of Care boxes summarize cultural considerations related to the chapter topic and provide practical guidelines for how to meet clients’ cultural needs and preferences.
- Patient Teaching boxes help you plan effective teaching by first identifying outcomes, then developing strategies on how to teach, and, finally, implementing measures to evaluate learning.
- Focus on Older Adult boxes highlight key aspects of nursing assessment and care for this population.
- Evidence-Informed Practice boxes summarize recent guidelines for nursing practice.
Unit 1: Health and Health Care in Canada
- Health and Wellness
- The Canadian Health Care Delivery System
- The Development of Nursing in Canada
- Community Health Nursing Practice
- Theoretical Foundations of Nursing Practice
- Research as a Basis for Practice
- Nursing Values and Ethics
- Legal Implications in Nursing Practice
- Global Health, Culture, and Ethnicity
- Nursing Leadership, Management, and Collaborative Practice
- Critical Thinking in Nursing Practice
- Nursing Assessment and Diagnosis
- Planning and Implementing Nursing Care
- Evaluation of Nursing Care
- Documenting and Reporting
- Nursing Informatics
- Caring in Nursing Practice
- Family Nursing
- Client Education
- Developmental Theories
- Conception Through Adolescence
- Young to Middle Adulthood
- Older Adulthood
- Spiritual Health
- The Experience of Loss, Death, and Grief
- Stress and Adaptation
Unit 2: Foundations of Nursing Practice
Unit 3: Approaches to Nursing Care
Unit 4: Working with Clients and Families
Unit 5: Caring Throughout the Lifespan
Unit 6: Psychosocial Considerations
Unit 7: Scientific Basis for Nursing Practice