Get all the pediatric physical therapy background and guidance you need with Campbell’s Physical Therapy for Children Expert Consult, 5th Edition. Insightful and comprehensive coverage walks you through all aspects of working with children, including: decision making, screening, development, motor control and motor learning, the impairments of body function and structure, and the PT management of pediatric disorders. Like the previous bestselling editions, this edition also follows the practice pattern categories of the Guide to Physical Therapist Practice and uses the IFC model of the disabling process as it presents up-to-date, evidence-based coverage of treatment. New to this edition are a number of added and extensively revised chapters — covering topics such as tests and measures, autism spectrum disorder, pediatric oncology, and the neonatal intensive care unit — to keep you at the cutting edge of the latest issues and best-practices. Finally, with it’s wealth of online resources and learning aids, you’ll have all the tools and support you need to tackle every aspect of pediatric physical therapy!
- Focus on the International Classification of Function, Disability, and Health (ICF) of the World Health Organization (WHO) emphasizes activity rather than functional limitations and participation rather than disability.
- Incorporation of practice pattern guidelines from the Guide to Physical Therapist Practice, 2nd Edition sets the standard for physical therapy practice.
- Comprehensive reference offers a thorough understanding of all aspects of pediatric physical therapy, including: decision making, screening, development, motor control, and motor learning, the impairments of body function and structure, and the PT management of pediatric disorders.
- Expert authorship and editors lend their experience and guidance for on-the-job success.
- Variety of user resources to enhance study include review questions, critical questions, and additional resources and activities.
- Questions and exercises offer great preparation for the APTA’s Pediatric Specialist Certification Examination.
Section 1: Understanding Motor Performance in Children
1. Evidence-Based Decision Making in Pediatric Physical Therapy
2. Tests and Measures
3. Motor Development and Control
4. Motor Learning: Application of Principles to Pediatric Rehabilitation
5. Musculoskeletal Development and Adaptation
6. Physical Fitness during Childhoold and Adolescence
Section 2: Management of Musculoskeletal Conditions
7. Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis
8. Spinal Conditions
9. Congenital Muscular Torticollis and Cranial Deformation
10. Arthrogryposis Multiplex Congenita
11. Osteogenesis Imperfecta
12. Muscular Dystrophy and Spinal Muscular Atrophy
13. Limb Deficiencies and Amputations
14. Orthopedic Conditions
15. Sports Injuries in Children
Section 3: Management of Neurologic Conditions
16. Developmental Coordination Disorder
17. Children with Motor and Intellectual Disabilities
18. Cerebral Palsy
19. Perinatal Brachial Plexus Injury
20. Spinal Cord Injury
21. Acquired Brain Injuries: Trauma, Near Drowning, and Tumors
23. Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder
Section 4: Management of Cardiopulmonary Conditions
24. Children Requiring Long-term Mechanical Ventilation
25. Cystic Fibrosis
26. Asthma: Multisystem Implications
27. Thoracic Surgery (Cardiac)
Section 5: Special Settings and Special Considerations
28. Serving Infants, Toddlers, and Their Families: Early Intervention Services under IDEA
29. The Education Environment
30. Pediatric Oncology
31. The Special Care Nursery
32. Transition to Adulthood for Youth with Disabilities
33. Assistive Technology
34. Development and Analysis of Gait
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2018
- 13th December 2016
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
Professor, Drexel University, Department of Rehabilitation Sciences, Philadelphia, PA
Associate Professor and Interim Chair, Drexel University, Department of Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation Sciences, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania