This new book is derived from its parent volume Pharmacy Practice and is a succinct, focused guide to pharmaceutical preparations and calculations. Covering everything from calculations to routes of administration dosage forms, it provides pharmacy students with everything they need to know about the maths and methodologies essential to good exam preparation and the safe, effective practice of pharmacy.
- Each chapter begins with Study Points and ends with Key Points to reinforce learning.
- Appendices include medical abbreviations, Latin terms and abbreviations, systems of weights and measurements and presentation skills.
- Some chapters also carry self-assessment questions for more complex areas of pharmaceutical practice.
- Using calculations in pharmacy practice
- Dispensing techniques (compounding and good practice)
- Oral unit dosage forms
- External preparations
- Suppositories and pessaries
- Powders and granules
- Sterile products
- Parenteral products
- Opthalmic products
- Inhaled products
- Parenteral nutrition and dialysis
- Specialized services
- Routes of administration and dosage forms
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2019
- 15th September 2019
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Boots Teacher Practitioner, School of Pharmacy and Biomedical Sciences, University of Central Lancashire, Preston, UK
Senior Lecturer, School of Pharmacy and Biomedical Sciences, University of Central Lancashire, Preston, UK
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.