Master the critical skills necessary to competently and confidently calculate drug dosages using Calculation of Drug Dosages. Written by Sheila J. Ogden, MSN, RN and Linda Fluharty, RNC, MSN, this updated 9th Edition provides you with an extensive review of essential math concepts before introducing and clearly explaining the ratio and proportion, formula, and dimensional analysis methods of drug calculation. The book's popular "worktext" format builds on concepts as you go and reinforces what you learn with over 1,800 practice problems.
- Identify your strengths and weaknesses with an extensive math review, covering the basic math skills essential for accurate calculation of drug dosages.
- Use chapter worksheets to practice solving realistic problems.
- Assess your understanding of chapter content using post-tests at the end of each chapter.
- Retain content more easily and build on your prior knowledge through a logical organization.
- Get additional practice and accurately gauge your overall understanding with a comprehensive post-test at the end of the book.
- Stay focused with learning objectives that explain what you should accomplish upon completion of each chapter.
- Know the latest drugs and technology used in the market with updated drug labels and equipment photos.
- Study at your own pace with 25 flash cards, now on Evolve, containing abbreviations, formulas, and conversions from the book.
- Check your work and see your mistakes with a detailed step-by-step answer key.
Part I Review of Mathematics
Review of Mathematics Pretest
Review of Mathematics Posttest
Part II Units and Measurements for the Calculation of Drug Dosages
6. Metric and Household Measurements
7. Apothecary and Household Measurements
8. Equivalents between Apothecary and Metric Measurements
Part III Preparation for Calculation of Drug Dosages
9. Safety in Medication Administration
10. Interpretation of the Physician's Orders
11. How to Read Drug Labels
12. Dimensional Analysis and the Calculation of Drug Dosages
Part IV Calculation of Drug Dosages
13. Oral Dosages
14. Parenteral Dosages
15. Dosages Measured in Units
16. Intravenous Flow Rates
17. Critical Care Intravenous Flow Rates
18. Pediatric Dosages
Part V Drug Administration Considerations
19. Automated Medication Dispensing Systems
20. Special Considerations for the Administration of Medications to the Elderly
21. Home Care Considerations in the Administration of Medications
- No. of pages:
- © Mosby 2012
- 1st March 2011
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Orthopaedics Program Director, Clarian Health Partners, Indianapolis, IN, USA
Associate Professor, Nursing Program, Ivy Tech State College, Indianapolis, IN