Cable Engineering for Local Area Networks
Free Global ShippingNo minimum order
This book provides a complete guide to the design, procurement, installation and testing procedures for local area networks (LANs) using both copper and optical fibre cable technology. International, European and American LAN and premises cabling standards are explained and compared including the latest Category 5, Category 6 and Category 7 proposals. The latest standards in testing, electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) compliance and fire safety are also covered in detail.By describing the theory as well as the practical issues involved, this book is an unrivalled source of information for those who need to understand, at a time of very rapid change, the complexities of today's office-based LANs.British courses such as City and Guilds course 3466, Copper and Optical CommunicationsC & G courses in Telecommunications and Electronics Engineering 2720, 2760 and 3478NVQ and SNVQ courses on copper and fibre communications technology, levels one to fiveFuture qualifications to be developed by the European Institute of Telecommunications Engineering and the European Intelligent buildings groupAmerican Certified Electronics Technician, Certified Fiber Optics Installer, Certified Network Systems Technician and Telecommunications Electronics Technician coursesBICSI courses such as RCDD where the book's coverage of European and international standards is very usefulBTEC and BSc courses on electronic and communications engineeringIn addition it is a valuable resource for IT managers, consultants, cable installation engineers and system designers who need to understand the technology and physics behind the subject and the huge range of standards that apply to cable engineering
Table of Contents
- Basic applied mathematics; Basic physics – electrical; Basic physics – optical; Communications theory; Local area networking and associated cabling; Copper cable technology – cable; Copper cable technology – components; Copper cable technology – transmission characteristics; Copper cable technology – testing; Optical cable technology – optical fibre; Optical cable technology – cable; Optical cable technology – components; Optical cable technology – testing; Cable system design and international standards.
- No. of pages: 320
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Woodhead Publishing 2000
- Published: September 27, 2000
- Imprint: Woodhead Publishing
- Hardcover ISBN: 9781855734883
- eBook ISBN: 9781855738898
About the Author
B J Elliott
Barry Elliott is a Chartered Electrical Engineer with 20 years' experience in cable engineering and communications system design. He has worked for the Civil Aviation Authority and Ferranti Computer Systems. He is a BICSI Registered Communications Distribution Designer and holds an MBA from Henley Management College. He is currently Technical Marketing Manager at Brand-Rex Ltd.
Affiliations and Expertise
Brand-Rex Ltd, UK
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Cable Engineering for Local Area Networks"