Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Building Big Data Applications helps data managers and their organizations make the most of unstructured data with an existing data warehouse. It provides readers with what they need to know to make sense of how Big Data fits into the world of Data Warehousing. Readers will learn about infrastructure options and integration and come away with a solid understanding on how to leverage various architectures for integration. The book includes a wide range of use cases that will help data managers visualize reference architectures in the context of specific industries (healthcare, big oil, transportation, software, etc.).
- Explores various ways to leverage Big Data by effectively integrating it into the data warehouse
- Includes real-world case studies which clearly demonstrate Big Data technologies
- Provides insights on how to optimize current data warehouse infrastructure and integrate newer infrastructure matching data processing workloads and requirements
Data analysts, data managers, researchers, and engineers who need to deal with large and complex sets of data; masters level students in data analytics programs
1. Big Data Introduction
2. Infrastructure and Technology
3. Building Big Data Applications
4. Scientific Research Applications and Usage
5. Pharmacy Industry Applications and Usage
6. Visualization, Storyboarding & Applications
7. Banking Industry Applications and Usage
8. Travel and Tourism Industry Applications and Usage
9. Governance of Building Big Data Applications
10. Delivery of Applications
11. Data Discovery with Machine Learning
Appendix: Use Cases from Industry Vendors
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2020
- 15th November 2019
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Krish Krishnan is a recognized expert worldwide in the strategy, architecture and implementation of high performance data warehousing solutions and unstructured Data. A sought after visionary data warehouse thought leader and practitioner, he is ranked as one of the top strategy and architecture consultants in the world in this subject. Krish is also an independent analyst, and a speaker at various conferences around the world on Big Data and teaches at TDWI on this subject. Krish along with other experts is helping drive the industry maturity on the next generation of data warehousing, focusing on Big Data, Semantic Technologies, Crowdsourcing, Analytics, and Platform Engineering.
Krish is the founder president of Sixth Sense Advisors Inc., a Chicago based company providing Independent Analyst services in Big Data, Analytics, Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence.
Founder and President of Sixth Sense Advisors, Inc., Chicago, Illinois, USA
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.