Quickly learn essential medical terminology! Both engaging and interactive, Building a Medical Vocabulary, 11th Edition introduces a step-by-step approach to effective communication in the healthcare environment. This text brilliantly intersperses traditional narrative and a variety of learning exercises with a programmed approach that gives you immediate feedback. Ideal for both the classroom setting or for self-study, it provides you with the building blocks to successfully communicate with other members of the healthcare team. Games, exercises, and additional resources on the companion Evolve website help reinforce learning. Spanish translations make this an invaluable resource in today’s multilingual healthcare settings.
- Programmed approach allows you to actively participate in learning and get instant feedback.
- Healthcare reports help you apply your recently gained knowledge to job-like situations, taking learning to the next step.
- Focused A&P coverage provides the appropriate amount of information needed to understand the body system in the context of medical terminology.
- Spanish translations prepare you to communicate effectively in today’s multilingual healthcare settings.
Introductory Chapters: Foundations of Medical Terminology
1. Building Medical Terms Starting with Medical Specialties
2. Diseases and Disorders: Diagnostic and Therapeutic Terms
3. Organization of the Body
4. Circulatory System
5. Respiratory System
6. Digestive System
7. Urinary System
8. Reproductive System
9. Musculoskeletal System
10. Nervous System and Psychological Disorders
11. Peripheral Nervous System
12. Integumentary System
13. Endocrine System
14. Oncology and Cancer Treatment
II. Spanish-English Translation of Selected Terms
III. Word Parts: Alphabetized Word Parts and Meanings
IV. Solutions to Exercises
Bibliography and Illustration Credits
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2021
- 14th October 2021
- Paperback ISBN:
Peggy Leonard has written 2 successful medical terminology textbooks for Elsevier. Her programmed approach to learning med term and her inclusion of Spanish translations has carved out a special place in the market and many loyal users. Peggy was a medical technician for 12 years and taught biology and medical science for 10 years.
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.