Bronchoscopy and Central Airway Disorders provides the guidance you need to plan and implement the most effective bronchoscopy procedure for every patient. Through specifically-designed case scenarios with correlating review questions and videos, this practical respiratory medicine reference leads you through the decision-making process and execution of these sometimes complex procedures, as well as the optimal long-term management of your patients.
- Master various bronchoscopic approaches and techniques necessary to treat a variety of malignancies that may occur in the trachea or lungs.
- Consider the rationale and weigh the consequences of each approach. Case resolutions at the end of each chapter --with commentary and alternative approaches from 36 key experts in interventional bronchoscopy -- illustrate the decision-making process from patient evaluation through long-term management.
- Reinforce learning by correlating key concepts and practice through study questions related to each clinical scenario.
- See exactly how to proceed with high-quality videos online that capture crucial teaching moments and provide a walkthrough of sometimes complex procedures including the placement of airway stents via bronchoscopy for a variety of diseases and complications, such as airway collapse due to COPD.
- Systematically think through diagnostic and interventional (therapeutic) bronchoscopic procedures using Dr. Colt’s unique "Four Box" approach: Initial Evaluation; Procedural Techniques and Results; Procedural Strategies; and Long-term Management Plan.
- Access the full text online at www.expertconsult.com, along with image and video libraries, review questions, and more!
How to Use This Book: The "Four Box" Approach
Section 1. Practical Approach to Benign Exophytic Airway Obstruction
1. Rigid Bronchoscopy With Laser Resection for Tracheal Obstruction From Recurrent Respiratory Papillomatosis
2. Endoscopic therapy of endobronchial typical carcinoid
3. Bronchoscopic treatment of silicone stent–related granulation tissue
4. Bronchoscopic Removal of a Broncholith From the Lateral Wall of the Proximal Bronchus Intermedius
5. Treatment of tracheobronchial aspergillosis superimposed on post tuberculosis-related tracheal stricture
Section 2. Practical Approach to Benign Tracheal Stenosis
6. Bronchoscopic Treatment of Idiopathic Laryngotracheal Stenosis With Glottis Involvement
7. Idiopathic subglottic stenosis without glottis involvement
8. Post Intubation Tracheal Stenosis
9. Bronchoscopic Treatment of Post Tracheostomy Tracheal Stenosis With Chondritis
10. Bronchoscopic Treatment of Wegener’s Granulomatosis-Related Subglottic Stenosis
Section 3. Practical Approach to Expiratory Central Airway Collapse
11. Silicone Stent Insertion for Focal Crescent Type Tracheomalacia in a Patient With sarcoidosis
12. Stent insertion for diffuse circumferential tracheobronchomalacia caused by relapsing polychondritis
13. CPAP treatment for moderate diffuse excessive dynamic airway collapse caused by Mounier-Kuhn syndrome
14. Stent insertion for severe diffuse excessive dynamic airway collapse caused by COPD
Section 4. Practical Approach to Mediastinal Lymphadenopathy (EBUS and alternatives)
15. EBUS-TBNA for Right Upper Lobe Mass and Right Lower Para
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2012
- 24th July 2012
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
Septimiu Dan Murgu, MD, FCCP, Clinical Professor and Co-director of Medical Intensive Care Unit, Univeristy of California Irvine Medical Center, Irvine, California, USA