- Presents an overview of existing breath analysis technology, along with their pros and cons
- Provides a tool for mapping, bridging and translating different approaches and available devices
- Covers best practices and procedures for exhaled breath collection
Bioengineers, bioengineering and medicine graduate students, electronic engineers, clinical engineers, clinician researchers in respiratory medicine and oncology
Table of Contents
- 1. Breathprinting: what, why, how
2. FIRST STEP: Exhaled breath: catch and store: a review of the current methodologies and devices for exhaled breath collection with the aim of integrate them in a standard and shared procedure.
3. SECOND STEP: Breath analysis: two strategies: a brief introduction of the two approaches based on analytical chemistry (spectroscopic) instruments and gas sensor arrays.
4. Sensor systems for breathprinting: a review of the current technologies for exhaled breath analysis using gas sensor arrays with the aim of integrate them in a standard and shared procedure.
5. THIRD STEP: Data analysis
An overview of the gold standard techniques for breathrpinting data analysis oriented to diagnosis.
6. FOURTH STEP: Breathrpinting based diagnosis, selected case study
Each different disease will be presented starting from the consolidated diagnostic technologies in order to define in which way breathprinting can contribute.
- Frail Individuals (COPD, OSAS, CHF)
- Lung cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Pediatric asthma
- Liver diseases
7. FIFTH STEP: Breathprinting roadmap based on expert’s opinion
An interview with experts (also including all the contributors of this ebook).
8. APPENDIX: a review of the current financed projects and initiatives in this field
- No. of pages: 212
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Academic Press 2018
- Published: November 29, 2018
- Imprint: Academic Press
- eBook ISBN: 9780128145630
- Paperback ISBN: 9780128145623