Breast Pathology, edited by Dr. David J. Dabbs - leading expert in breast pathology and author of the best-selling reference Diagnostic Immunohistochemistry - presents an integrated and highly visual approach to breast pathology. This in-depth resource combines international perspectives and expertise on genomic and molecular information, clinical presentation, gross and microscopic pathologic findings, radiologic and laboratory diagnosis, immunohistochemistry, and theranostics so you can accurately diagnose the full spectrum of breast diseases. The fully searchable text and a downloadable image bank are also online at www.expertconsult.com for even more convenient access.
- Access the fully searchable text online at www.expertconsult.com, along with a downloadable image bank.
- Stay current on hot topics in breast pathology, including theranostic aspects of diagnosis, genomic applications and molecular diagnosis, proper handling of breast specimens to ensure proper sampling and processing, and up-to-date immunohistochemical information.
- Get a clear picture of how diseases present from over 1750 high-quality images in full color.
- Tap into the expertise of leading authorities from around the world who offer an integrated approach, incorporating genomic and molecular information, clinical presentation, gross and microscopic pathologic findings, radiologic and laboratory diagnosis, and immunohistochemistry.
- Find information quickly and easily with the consistent format that features quick reference points at the beginning of each chapter.
1 Normal Breast and Developmental Disorders
2 Reactive and Inflammatory Conditions of the Breast
3 Infections of the Breast
4 Epidemiology of Breast Cancer
5 Patient Safety in Breast Pathology
6 Gross Examination of Breast Specimens
7 Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy
8 Breast Imaging Modalities for Pathologists
9 Predictive and Prognostic Marker Testing in Breast Pathology: Immunophenotypic Subclasses of Disease
10 Molecular-based Testing in Breast Disease for Therapeutic Decisions
11 Diagnostic Immunohistology of the Breast
12 Fibroepithelial Lesions
13 Papilloma and Papillary Lesions
14 Adenosis and Microglandular Adenosis
15 Nipple Adenoma (Florid Papillomatosis of the Nipple)
16 Radial Scar
17 Myoepithelial Lesions of the Breast
18 Fibrocystic Change and Usual Epithelial Hyperplasia of Ductal Type
19 Columnar Cell Alterations, Flat Epithelial Atypia, and Atypical Ductal Epithelial Hyperplasia
20 Molecular Classification of Breast Carcinoma
21 Lobular Neoplasia and Invasive Lobular Carcinoma
22 Ductal Carcinoma In Situ
23 Invasive Ductal Carcinoma of No Special Type and Histologic Grade
24 Triple-Negative and Basal-like Carcinoma
25 Metaplastic Breast Carcinoma
26 Apocrine Carcinoma of the Breast
27 Paget’s Disease of the Breast
28 Pathology of Neoadjuvant Therapeutic Response of Breast Carcinoma
29 Special Types of Breast Carcinoma: Tubular Carcinoma, Mucinous, Carcinoma, Cribriform Carcinoma, Invasive Micropapillary Carcinoma, and Medullary Carcinoma
30 Rare Breast Carcinomas: Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma, Neuroendocrine Carcinoma, Secretory Carcinoma, Carcinoma with Osteoclast-like Giant Cells, Lipid-Rich Carcinoma, and Glycogen-Rich Clear Cell Carcinoma
31 Mesenchymal Neoplasms of the Breast
32 Neoplasia of the Male Breast
33 Breast Tumors in Children and Adolescents
34 Tumors of the Mammary Skin
35 Hematopoietic Tumors of the Breast
36 Metastatic Tumors in the Breast
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2012
- 2nd February 2012
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Professor and Chief of Pathology, Department of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA