1 Acute Anterior Cerebral Artery Infarct
2 Cerebral Arteriovenous Malformation
3 Hemorrhagic Metastases - Melanoma
4 Penetrating Brain Injury – Bow and Arrow Injury
5 Orbital Pseudotumor
6 Acute Epidural Hematoma and Associated Linear Fracture of the Frontal Bone
7 Pyogenic Brain Abscess
8 Chiari II Malformation – with Associated Anomalies
9 Acute Hydrocephalus Secondary to Meningitis
10 Pineal Cyst
11 Hemorrhagic Contusions - Closed Head Injury
12 Juvenile Pilocytic Astrocytoma of the Cerebellum
13 Fibrous Dysplasia
14 Acute Middle Cerebral Artery Stroke: “Hyperdense” MCA and Insular Ribbon Sign
15 Multiple Sclerosis
17 Acute Actively bleeding Subdural hematoma – Subfalcine Herniation and Stroke
18 Acute Subarachnoid Hemorrhage - Rupture of an Anterior Communicating Artery Aneurysm
19 Embolic Infarcts (Acute and Subacute)– Atrial Fibrillation
20 Vestibular Schwannoma of the Internal Auditory Canal
21 Orbital Cellulitis and Abscess
22 Acute Hypertensive Thalamic Hemorrhage
23 Infiltrating Astrocytoma – Low Grade
24 Arachnoid Cyst
26 Subdural Empyema – Complicated by Cerebritis
27 Glioblastoma Multiforme of the Corpus Callosum--"Butterfly Glioma"
28 Virchow-Robin Perivascular Space
29 Agenesis of the Corpus Callosum
30 Nonaccidental Trauma--Child Abuse
31 Cerebellar Hemangioblastoma
32 Calvarial Metastases--Breast Carcinoma
33 Chronic Anemia - Diffuse Replacement of the Fat in the Calvarial Marrow
34 Giant Aneurysm – Middle Cerebral Artery
35 Bilateral Subacute Subdural Hematomas
36 Parafalcine Meningioma Invading the Superior Sagittal Sinus
37 Hemorrhagic Venous Infarction
38 Vertebral Artery Dissection - Spontaneous
39 Spontaneous Cerebral Hematoma - Ruptured Cerebral Arteriovenous Malformation
40 Vascular Infundibulum – Posterior Communicating Artery
41 Closed Head Injury - Diffuse Axonal Injury
This volume in the best-selling "Case Review" series uses hundreds of case studies to challenge your knowledge of a full range of topics in brain imaging. With 170 brand new cases, new coverage of MRA, CTA, MR spectroscopy and multi-detectors and over 600 brilliant images, this is your ideal concise, economical, and user-friendly tool for self assessment in this specialty!
- Utilizes case studies organized into "Opening Round," "Fair Game," and "Challenge" sections, so you can test yourself at varying difficulty levels.
- Provides at-a-glance review/self-testing of brain imaging cases ideal for preparing for the boards in brain imaging, the CAQ exam for neuroradiology or for the general radiologist ready for re-certification.
- Mimics the official exam formats and daily practice environment by giving you cases/images as unknowns with three to four questions; then, on the flip side of the page, diagnosis, answers to the questions, additional commentary, and references to the corresponding volume in Elsevier’s popular Requisites Series.
- Includes 600 state of the art images to effectively compliment and support the text and provide a clear picture of what you can expect, both in test-taking and in practice.
- Uses randomly organized cases so you can test yourself without the aid of logical organization by anatomy or disease type.
- No. of pages:
- © Mosby 2009
- 13th November 2008
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Professor of Radiology, Otorhinolaryngology: Head and Neck Surgery, and Neurosurgery, Department of Radiology, University of Pennsylvania Medical Center Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
Associate Dean for Professional Development, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Director of Neuroradiology, Program Development, Johns Hopkins Medical Institution, Baltimore, MD