Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
1. Introduction: the main types of braided structure using maypole braiding technology
2. Patterning of braided products
3. Structural design of flat and tubular braid
4. Colour design of tubular braids
5. Colour design of flat braids
6. Braiding machine components
7. Carriers for braiding machines
8. The mechanics of the braiding process
9. Carrier mechanics in braiding operations
10. Yarn winding operations in braiding
11. Spiral braiding
12. Square and other types of form braiding
13. Computer assisted design (CAD) software for the design of braided structures
14. Productivity calculations in braiding
15. Using MATLAB® for calculations in braiding
Braided fabrics are made by interlacing yarns or strips of fabric. Braiding produces a wide range of structures for technical textile applications from medical sutures to cables for anchoring ships. Written by one of the world’s leading experts in the field, the book reviews the basic principles, design and processes used in braiding. The book also discusses specialised braiding techniques such as spiral braiding and lace technology.
- Provides a solid foundation in the fundamentals of braiding design, processes and machinery
- Covers the patterning of braided products and the structural and colour design of both flat and tubular braids
- Reviews maypole braiding machines and mechanics
This book will be an important resource for students and researchers, technicians, engineers and technologists from the textile and composites industries, and for R&D managers with an interest in the use of braided structures in the medical, aerospace, marine and engineering industries.
- No. of pages:
- © Woodhead Publishing 2015
- 10th October 2014
- Woodhead Publishing
- Hardcover ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
"...a solid foundation in the fundamentals of braiding design, processes and machinery...an important resource for students and researchers, technicians, engineers and technologies from the textile and composites industries..." --Asian Textile Journal
Dr Yordan Kyosev is Professor of textile materials, textile technology and quality management at the Faculty of Textile and Clothing Technology, Niederrhein University of Applied Sciences, Germany. He has extensive expertise in both braiding technology and mathematical modelling of braided products, and is the author of numerous publications on braiding and the 2014 title Braiding Technology for Textiles. He is also the main developer of the leading braiding CAD software, Texmind Braider.
Professor of Textile Materials, Textile Technology and Quality Management, Faculty of Textile and Clothing Technology, Niederrhein University of Applied Sciences, Germany
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.