Boundary Value Problems, Sixth Edition, is the leading text on boundary value problems and Fourier series for professionals and students in engineering, science, and mathematics who work with partial differential equations. In this updated edition, author David Powers provides a thorough overview of solving boundary value problems involving partial differential equations by the methods of separation of variables. Additional techniques used include Laplace transform and numerical methods.
The book contains nearly 900 exercises ranging in difficulty from basic drills to advanced problem-solving exercises.
Professors and students agree that Powers is a master at creating examples and exercises that skillfully illustrate the techniques used to solve science and engineering problems.
- Online SSM- http://www.elsevierdirect.com/product.jsp?isbn=9780123747198
- Online ISM- http://textbooks.elsevier.com/web/manuals.aspx?isbn=9780123747198
- Companion site, Ebook- http://www.elsevierdirect.com/companion.jsp?ISBN=9780123747198
- Student Solution Manual for Sixth Edition - https://www.elsevier.com/books/student-solutions-manual-boundary-value-problems/powers/978-0-12-375664-0
- New animations and graphics of solutions, additional exercises and chapter review questions on the web
- Nearly 900 exercises ranging in difficulty from basic drills to advanced problem-solving exercises
- Many exercises based on current engineering applications
Professionals and students in mathematics and engineering especially those working with partial differential equations
1. Fourier Series and Integrals
2. The Heat Equation
3. The Wave Equation
4. The Potential Equation
5. Higher Dimensions and Other Coordinates
6. Laplace Transform
7. Numerical Methods
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2010
- 24th July 2009
- Academic Press
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
David Powers has taught applied mathematics for over 40 years. His research includes matrix theory, graph theory and applications to biochemistry and engineering.
Clarkson University, Potsdam, NY, USA