Get the information and guidance you need to become proficient in positioning with Bontrager’s Textbook of Radiographic Positioning and Related Anatomy, 10th Edition. With a very easy-to-follow organization, this comprehensive text focuses on nearly 200 of the most commonly requested projections to ensure you master what’s expected of an entry-level practitioner. And with Bontrager’s user-friendly format featuring one projection per page — with bulleted information on the left side of the page and positioning photos, radiographic images, and anatomical drawings aligned on the right — you’ll be able to quickly and easily visualize anatomy and master positioning.
- Labeled radiographs (radiographic overlays) identify key radiographic anatomy and landmarks to help students recognize anatomy and determine if they have captured the correct diagnostic information on images.
- Positioning chapters organized with one projection per page present a manageable amount of information in an easily accessible format.
- Unique page layout with positioning photos, radiographic images, and radiographic overlays is presented side-by-side with the text explanation of each procedure to facilitate comprehension and retention.
- Clinical Indications features list and define pathologies most likely to be encountered during procedures to help students understand the whole patient and improve their ability to produce radiographs that make diagnosis easy for the physician.
- Evaluation Criteria content on positioning pages describes the evaluation/critique process that should be completed for each radiographic image.
- Pediatric, Geriatric, and Bariatric Patient Considerations are provided to prepare technologists to accommodate unique patient needs.
- Emphasis on radiation safety practices provides recommendations important for clinical practice.
1. Terminology, Imaging, and Positioning Principles
4. Upper Limb
5. Humerus and Shoulder Girdle
6. Lower Limb
7. Femur and Pelvic Girdle
8. Cervical and Thoracic Spine
9. Lumbar Spine, Sacrum, and Coccyx
10. Bony Thorax—Sternum and Ribs
11. Cranium, Facial Bones, and Paranasal Sinuses
12. Biliary Tract and Upper Gastrointestinal System
13. Lower Gastrointestinal System
14. Urinary System and Venipuncture
15. Trauma, Mobile, and Surgical Radiography
16. Pediatric Radiography
17. Angiography and Interventional Procedures
18. Computed Tomography
19. Special Radiographic Procedures
20. Diagnostic and Therapeutic Modalities
- No. of pages:
- © Mosby 2021
- 2nd November 2020
- Hardcover ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
John Lampignano, MEd, RT(R) (CT), Gateway Community College, Phoenix, AZ
Gateway Community College, Phoenix, AZ
Department Chair, Diagnostic Radiography Program Director, Department of Radiologic Sciences, Boise State University, Boise, Idaho
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.